indy/lafayette ducks

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

indy/lafayette ducks

Postby landinggearDRC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 pm

How's the birds in this area. Heading to back to my college stomping grounds in lafayette to hunt some ducks and film a hunt with a few buddies.
landinggearDRC
hunter

Re: indy/lafayette ducks

Postby SlainDuckSaints » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:44 pm

better bring your ice skates so you can make it to open water
SlainDuckSaints
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

the wabash/wildcat are FROZEN OVER?
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 pm

either way we are hunting fields near those bodies of water
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby phil » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Good luck!!! ...LOL... Keep us posted!
phil
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm

If your a Purdue Grad that would explain why your coming here to hunt. lol. We are getting 6-8 inches of snow dumped on us right now with temps in the teens. Ducks are scarace but there are geese around all you got to do is find the open water. There are a couple warm water discharges on the Wabash that keep it open. I got a report yesterday that there are 20,000 geese covering 3 miles of the Wabash. I can't say anymore than that but you should be able to figure it out.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby fowlaholic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 pm

bandchaser wrote:If your a Purdue Grad that would explain why your coming here to hunt. lol. We are getting 6-8 inches of snow dumped on us right now with temps in the teens. Ducks are scarace but there are geese around all you got to do is find the open water. There are a couple warm water discharges on the Wabash that keep it open. I got a report yesterday that there are 20,000 geese covering 3 miles of the Wabash. I can't say anymore than that but you should be able to figure it out.

LMAO.......You allready said it all :hammer:
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey fowlaholic, Have you been on the white river yet? I live up on the northside (unfortunately) right by the White R. i have been seeing some ducks on the river around the 82nd and 96th Street bridges. I read on here somewhere that you hunted up there before. I didn't even know hunting was allowed on the White R. up that way. I was hoping to get out a few more times after work through the week, if possible. Can you help me out with the legallites up there? I really don't want to mess with the hamilton county police (again). Send me PM if you want. I am just looking to kill a few more before it's all over and done next week. Thanks alot.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby fowlaholic » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Used to hunt the white up there years ago when Hazel dell was called river road so it has been a few years........I used to put in at noblesville and float down to what is now a park just past 106th street. That was before they had a boat ramp in at 116th st. I am not sure but I think you can Still hunt south of Noblesville on the river Just give the CO a call. Anymore I hunt the river just south of Indy (where I work) and it has been a slaughter all week.
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 am

Hey thanks for the info, these chat boards are real helpful when you get the right people using them, thanks. Nothing would top this year off better than really pissing off some Carmel-ite environmentalist's when I empty my 12 gauge on a limit of redheads at first shooting light Sunday morning. I've been driving all over the state to get away from these northsiders and to find out that I can legally hunt right in the middle of them is good news. I don't really care if I see a duck or get a shot, just knowing I have a "get-a-way" close to home is good enough for now. You say your killing them good just south of town? You down on the west fork or you put in there by the ice house restaurant? I've never been on the river down that way maybe someday you can show me how its done. Thanks again, jk
bandchaser
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:48 pm

5 mallards, 4 geese and a black duck. Not too bad. Headin back north to kill some geese!
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:51 am

Nice hunt! Maybe we'll see you on TV soon.

P.S. If you want to turn left at Purdue and drive an hour west I got a spot with a few hundred ducks and a couple thousand geese that no one has ever been to. If you haven't had enough before you head back north drop me a line if your interested, my other buddies back out and I'm feeling generous. I'm gonna start hunting about 2:00 I expect to be done by 4.

Shoot em in the face till next time ttyl
bandchaser
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting