Feb nusance goose season

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Feb nusance goose season

Postby davecz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Unfortunatly I live in Lake Co. i am going to scout some open counties, PM me if you live in a county that is open to the Feb season and might be interested in swapping a hunt. Me and a buddy have over 15 dozen full bodies, a trailer and extra layouts if you have a field with geese but no supplies. We are willing to travel anywhere in the state if there are a lot of geese around. In return we can take you on a supperb regular season goose hunt, or I have access to excelent deer hunting land for the 2010 season. PM if you want to control the goose population. :thumbsup:
2010-2011 season totals
davecz
hunter

Re: Feb nusance goose season

Postby ddragon47 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:19 am

Was out yesterday doing hen house and wood duck boxes and only seen 2 geese on my one spot i have.
I hope that more come back in Feb.
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 am

I've got a field that had 300 or so and still coming in the middle of the week. Gonna be a slaughter on the first. :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I feel your probably a guide wanting to get into something for next year and probably have no problem spudding a total stranger like me. If there's one thing I've learned about waterfowl hunting in this area, it's that there's not enough waterfowl for the amount of hunters and if you want to have a place to hunt next year, you'd better keep your mouth shut. Especially when it come to guides and pro staffers. :hi:

Thanks but no thanks. :beer:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:55 pm

:lol: that guy above me cracks me up :yes:
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby Overkill67 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Seen 800-1,000 this afternoon flying in huge waves, all headed north towards you Dave from my spot :( if it was a week ago we could have maybe pounded them. Some of them went down by the "red barn" but the majority kept flying way up high
Overkill67
hunter

Postby davecz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 am

I am not a guide just trying to kill some geese. Doesn't sound like i would want to hunt your way anyway
2010-2011 season totals
davecz
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

He is not a guide and I belive he would take you out for the deer hunt.
Overkill can't you send them geese to a place were we can hunt in Feb. scine they never were near the farm back in Nov. or Dec. :fingerhead:
ddragon47
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 pm

davecz wrote:I am not a guide just trying to kill some geese. Doesn't sound like i would want to hunt your way anyway

I have a good idea what your implying, but you don't know. I hunt out of FA Eliminators over decoys just like everyone else (other than maybe brand of gear). Or are you saying you just don't hunt over a spread that's worth less than 10,000.00. Cause that's what it sounds like to me. I do OK considering my spread is carried in the back of my truck and is 15 years old. I'll kill geese Monday. I don't care how you hunt or how much gear you have. Good luck, hope you find some geese to kill. :beer:
Papachessie
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

some people are blessed with good jobs and money to be able to spend on gear.. i myself love massive amounts of dakotas and bigfoots a trailer and my high end calls .. wether you have 15 year old decoys or 15 dz decoys its all about scouting and finding fields these days... but i like to do everything to my advantage with these wary honkers :wink:
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby tgs » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey Dave, Good luck on the geese. Looks like your flying solo.
Let me know when you find 'em though, then I'll come guide it :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby davecz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Thanks, me and john will be on some geese somewhere. You are more than welcome to come out here and we'll show you how to drop some geese on solid ground :thumbsup:
2010-2011 season totals
davecz
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 am

landinggearDRC wrote:some people are blessed with good jobs and money to be able to spend on gear.. i myself love massive amounts of dakotas and bigfoots a trailer and my high end calls .. wether you have 15 year old decoys or 15 dz decoys its all about scouting and finding fields these days... but i like to do everything to my advantage with these wary honkers :wink:

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I just don't have the means for it. Like I say all the time in the Honey Hole, hunt how you want and let me hunt how I want. I worked for a guide for a couple years, and know what a cutthroat game it can be, especially in an area like this where the geese get so concentrated this time of year. Just learned not to trust many. Even had so called friends weasel in on my spots behind my back. That's why I hunt by myself a lot. I've put a lot of time and gas in, to get the spots I've got, and I won't give them up to just anyone.

Good luck, shoot 'em in the face.
Papachessie
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Man papa, given your attitude I would guess you do alot more than hunt alone. This is a fun sport for all of us to enjoy why not help a brother out? The best part about hunting is the people you get to do it with. I'm sure you have all the friends you need, but me I'm always looking for more.

Good luck in the Late.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:14 pm

oh believe me ive seen friendships lost due to goose hunting fields(thats why we initial our decoys) :yes: ... its getting ridiculous.. i am though however liking how landowners are slowly saying no to guides and outfitters to hunt and charge hunters to hunt on their land without leasing.. i myself will never ever pay to hunt someones land..
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 am

bandchaser wrote:Man papa, given your attitude I would guess you do alot more than hunt alone. This is a fun sport for all of us to enjoy why not help a brother out? ------

Because odds are that "brother" is going to stab you in the back . How much fun is it when you find that "brother" set up in that field you took him to as a guest ? Or find those decoys you thought you lost in his spread ?
Oldman1949
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 am

landinggearDRC wrote:oh believe me ive seen friendships lost due to goose hunting fields(thats why we initial our decoys) :yes: ... its getting ridiculous.. i am though however liking how landowners are slowly saying no to guides and outfitters to hunt and charge hunters to hunt on their land without leasing.. i myself will never ever pay to hunt someones land..

Amen!!!!!
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 am

Oldman1949 wrote:
bandchaser wrote:Man papa, given your attitude I would guess you do alot more than hunt alone. This is a fun sport for all of us to enjoy why not help a brother out? ------

Because odds are that "brother" is going to stab you in the back . How much fun is it when you find that "brother" set up in that field you took him to as a guest ? Or find those decoys you thought you lost in his spread ?

My point exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's learned this lesson.
If it was a brother, I might, but these days, you may not be able to even trust your own brother. :hammer:
Papachessie
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Wow!!! You northern boys got some trust issues. You can keep that drama up there. I am assuming that when you get burned like that it leaves a deep scare that's why your still pissed. I guess I can't blame you, it hasn't happened to me(yet). But you gotta trust someone sometime no need to shut down completely, to do so, is a good recipe for becoming a pissed off, grumpy old man, with no friends. No thanks not for me.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm

"it hasn't happened to me(yet)."

Key word there is "yet" .

" But you gotta trust someone sometime no need to shut down completely, to do so, is a good recipe for becoming a pissed off, grumpy old man, with no friends. "

Read the threads carefully . Don't think you will find any "pissed off,grumpy old men,with no friends" asking for someone to take them hunting . :biggrin:
Oldman1949
hunter

Postby davecz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 pm

I think I would quit goose hunting with a negative attitude like that, if you want to be alone stick with deer hunting. I have people to go with and plenty of fields in areas where the season is closed so I was just seeing if anyone wanted to hunt, I always like meeting new people to hunt with. Good luck in the nusance season... pile em up 5 at a time, we will try for a few more :thumbsup:
2010-2011 season totals
davecz
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 am

Look at the good side of your post Dave , it generated more views and discussion on this board than there has been in over a year. :thumbsup:

Just so you know , if I want a little company when I'm goose hunting I never seem to have any problem finding someone to go with me . I just don't think of waterfowl hunting as a team sport .
Oldman1949
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Oldman1949 wrote:Look at the good side of your post Dave , it generated more views and discussion on this board than there has been in over a year.

And that's something the Old Man knows about. :yes:
ddragon47
hunter

Postby shootemintheface04 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 pm

I do not have any fields to hunt when all the water is locked up so i dont usually hunt late season and dont really have any friends that hunt any more so i am kind of screwed. Oh i have had people say they would help me out by taking me but that never pans out. I would sure love to get in with a few guys some time some where i have some gear not allot but enough to kill birds. I have been all over trying to get permission and i have found that it is almost impossible unless you want to fork over some money. about people stealing your stuff or going out on the spot that you took them too when you are not there is bull crap i would never do that to anybody, because in my mind when somebody takes you out that is a privelege and you should respect them for it.
Waterfowling better known as "the relentless pursuit of self abuse" It gets in your system and is impossible to shake.
shootemintheface04
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm with ya Dave, I'm was thinking about heading out in the morning if anyone still wants to go this snow strom. I got room in my boat and fields for a few good dudes that are as crazy as me to hunt in this weather. Let me know
bandchaser
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 am

Here's a funny story for ya. Went yesterday to a field that had 300 or so in it Friday. I couldn't hunt Saturday, had to work. The farmer only gives permission to one group per field. He owns tons of land. Just so happens, one of the fields I've got this year is the hot one. I get there yesterday and what do ya know, tracks from a truck and trailer driving out into the field. :huh: Someone helped themselves to my field Saturday. No wonder only 2 of the 20 flocks I saw came in. :no: Same old backstabbin' bull$hit I gave it up for a few years ago.
Papachessie
hunter

Next

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting