Feb nusance goose season

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Re: Feb nusance goose season

Postby bandchaser » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am

Sorry to hear about that. I guess some people just don't play by the same kind of rules most of us do. How ironic that we were talking about that crap all week and it happens the next day you get out. I assume you killed 5 out of the 40 you had come in? Nice limit. Time for a cold beer. Even with you rude neighbors your doing better thatn me I didn't even get out this weekend with the weather and other committments.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby davecz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:45 pm

That was your field? We got into them pretty good on Saturday....

Just kidding, better luck next time
2010-2011 season totals
davecz
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 pm

:lol: that is funny
bandchaser
hunter

Postby nitrousneil » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Papachessie wrote:Here's a funny story for ya. Went yesterday to a field that had 300 or so in it Friday. I couldn't hunt Saturday, had to work. The farmer only gives permission to one group per field. He owns tons of land. Just so happens, one of the fields I've got this year is the hot one. I get there yesterday and what do ya know, tracks from a truck and trailer driving out into the field. :huh: Someone helped themselves to my field Saturday. No wonder only 2 of the 20 flocks I saw came in. :no: Same old backstabbin' bull$hit I gave it up for a few years ago.

at least you dont have retards hunting the roost around you.... we went and did alittle scouting yesterday and there were some knuckle heads hunting the roost in union mills on mill pond....
nitrousneil
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Papachessie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:44 pm

bandchaser wrote:Sorry to hear about that. I guess some people just don't play by the same kind of rules most of us do. How ironic that we were talking about that crap all week and it happens the next day you get out. I assume you killed 5 out of the 40 you had come in? Nice limit. Time for a cold beer. Even with you rude neighbors your doing better thatn me I didn't even get out this weekend with the weather and other committments.

No such luck. One flock landed about 60 yards behind me and the other flock was wearing body armor I guess. :huh:

I did have about 80 more birds trying to come in after shooting time though while I was picking up. I've got next Sunday and Monday to redeem myself.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Well good luck to ya, I'm going to try to get out for my last time Saturday. Buddy were I usually hunt at just told me that he hasn't seen a bird anywhere since snow hit. Looks like it might be a bit challenging but gotta go for it.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby fowlaholic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Best late season ever for me......After this morning 31 are no longer flying.
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Postby Dave63 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

They are all over the freaking place tonight, looks like they know it's about over.
Dave63
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Dave63 wrote:They are all over the freaking place tonight, looks like they know it's about over.

That's because they read the DNR news letters also. :lol3:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby mudman692566 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 am

For a bunch of guys who are fortunate enough to have a Feb. season ya'll have missed the boat on how lucky you are to be in a county with an extended season. Should the Ohio river zone ever get a county in the listing, I would be happy to take hunters out. I know all about having "honey holes" occupied when I get there, having people set up too close or even skyblasters shooting into flocks on their way to my spread. However, that is not the everyday norm. There are a lot of hard working everyday joes out there who just like to waterfowl hunt any time they can squeeze a minute free. In short, have a good time doing what you love to do and make a couple of new hunting buds if you get the chance, you never know when that guy you meet and take hunting one time calls you up with a pile of birds on his "spot" and wants to see if you can hunt em up with him.
mudman692566
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:18 am

"For a bunch of guys who are fortunate enough to have a Feb. season ya'll have missed the boat on how lucky you are to be in a county with an extended season."

I don't think they have missed the boat , in fact , I feel they know they have a good thing . And if they have a good spot they have every intintion of keeping it . You live and learn and the longer you live the more you learn . Have you ever heard that saying - Screw me once shame on you , screw me twice shame on me ? Too many folks have been shamed once and they just ain't going to be shamed twice .
Oldman1949
hunter

Previous

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting