Tri County FWA

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Tri County FWA

Postby SSG_Penman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 am

Good Afternoon,

I am new to duck hunting in the NE side of Indiana, and am thinking my buddy and i are going to try Tri County this season. We dove hunted it a couple times and saw a few woodies buzzing around. Our major concern/issue is we don't have a boat or dog(sad i know). We can only hunt areas accessible with waders. My question is with the many ponds out there does anybody have advise as to which one(s) we should try to hunt? or if going out there is even worth while? thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers
WO1 Penman
"Primus inter Pares"
SSG_Penman
Newb

Re: Tri County FWA

Postby landinggearDRC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 pm

To be on the safe side.. mud and deep water i would get yourself a small boat or kayak.. something to be able to retrieve wounded birds in.. you never know what the water(mud) will be like any given day.. good luck this season
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby SSG_Penman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 am

I was really hoping that wasn't the case out there, i'll actually only be in indiana till february(being reassigned to fort hood, TX) so i really dont have the time or funds to be investing in a boat for one season. I guess i may have to stick to Kankakee FWA and try my luck against 150 parties every weekend. thanks for the heads up. and hope you have a great season
WO1 Penman
"Primus inter Pares"
SSG_Penman
Newb

Postby northzoneguy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:28 pm

With the money you could save driving from Fort Wayne to Kank you could buy a nice little kayak and come out ahead. lol There is a lot of good hunting in Fort Wayne. Lots of geese and ducks and they love to dry field feed around that area.
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Postby SSG_Penman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

hahaha, you're probably correct, but i am just an Army Soldier who got stationed in fort wayne for a little while as a recruiter. My dad and brother live in Lowell and i normally hunt with them at the kank and LaSalle. i do now have a buddy in fort wayne that is just getting started hunting and i want to take him out around here. i would love to hunt some of these fields as i see birds pouring into them all winter round, but alas we have no connections or fellow hunters out here that we know. so we will attempt some of the small shallow pot holes at tri county and continue to make the drive on most weekends to hunt the kank. good luck to you this year man
WO1 Penman
"Primus inter Pares"
SSG_Penman
Newb

Postby killemall » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm

If you see the birds in the fields, STOP and ASK! I am a recruiter in Henry county and I have gotten more contracts and COI/VIPS by stopping and talking to people about there properties and hunting than i have setting at any highschools. I have been a recruiter for 8 years now and it is the best way to meet people. Plus i can hunt just about anywhere in my area that the birds are hitting. If i cant get on a place one of my hunting partners can. We are talking thousands of acres across 3 counties. Just by STOPPING AND ASKING. Plus the contracts never hurt. Take care and good luck at Hood.
killemall
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting