birds

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

birds

Postby landinggearDRC » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

Anyone else seeing a decrease in flight patterns... Ive been scouting every night during the week and every morning on the weekends and im just not seeing the birds ive seen in past years. With this drought we've had every marsh and pothole is slowly drying up. just wanna see if im the only one not seeing the local birds... Cant wait for the migrates to get down here.
User avatar
landinggearDRC
hunter
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: south bend IN


Re: birds

Postby hoosier dhr » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Gonna have to go to the big lakes. They have been hard to find, Ive been seeing them in small groups and i think its b/c of the warm weather. Theyll bunch up when it gets cold. I think :huh:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
User avatar
hoosier dhr
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: osceola, in

Re: birds

Postby Papachessie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:13 pm

landinggearDRC wrote:Anyone else seeing a decrease in flight patterns... Ive been scouting every night during the week and every morning on the weekends and im just not seeing the birds ive seen in past years. With this drought we've had every marsh and pothole is slowly drying up. just wanna see if im the only one not seeing the local birds... Cant wait for the migrates to get down here.

The migrators won't stop here if there's no water.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4380
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

Re: birds

Postby ddragon47 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:24 am

I'm up in Southern Wisconsin for 2 weeks and no migrators are here yet. :sad:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
User avatar
ddragon47
hunter
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Re: birds

Postby bandchaser » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Big lakes have a few numbers. It may seem like they're not here but they are just hiding ( you know their sneaky lil bastards) Keep looking when you find, you'll find em. (then call me, lol)
bandchaser
hunter
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: birds

Postby Papachessie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:13 am

bandchaser wrote:Big lakes have a few numbers. It may seem like they're not here but they are just hiding ( you know their sneaky lil bastards) Keep looking when you find, you'll find em. (then call me, lol)

I found 'em. Now, what do ya want me to call ya? :biggrin:
coco & ducks.jpg
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4380
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

Re: birds

Postby ddragon47 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 am

nice. :thumbsup:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
User avatar
ddragon47
hunter
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Re: birds

Postby landinggearDRC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Managed to scratch out 5 geese this morning and 2 woodies in a corn field( I know woodies in a field pretty odd but we were hunting by a marsh) then got one goose tonight. The lack of wind this morning sucked.
User avatar
landinggearDRC
hunter
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:47 am
Location: south bend IN


Return to Indiana Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: badbowtie and 5 guests