simonton lake Elkhart County IN

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

simonton lake Elkhart County IN

Postby shootemintheface04 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:28 am

Hey guys i have ice fished this lake a few times but have never hunted it. I think i remember seeing blinds on it but i just want to make sure it is legal to hunt it? and if it is worth my time? Thanks in advance
Waterfowling better known as "the relentless pursuit of self abuse" It gets in your system and is impossible to shake.
shootemintheface04
hunter

Re: simonton lake Elkhart County IN

Postby Papachessie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:14 pm

You can hunt it. Lots of shallow water with reeds on the East end. I think it gets hunted pretty hard. Hunted it one time late in the year. I think every duck in Canada flew South that day. Saw flock after flock after flock of a thousand birds each in the stratosphere about 5 miles West of us, all heading South. Most ducks I've ever seen.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Like said above you can hunt it. But it'll be world war 3 out there. I hunted last year and will never hunt it again. Full of sky busters. There's a duck club inbetween heaton and simonton and they light um up in there. Flooded corn :)
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby shootemintheface04 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 pm

where the channels are at if you went out into the lake going west is that where everybody hunts? have you ever heard of anybody having problems with homeowners? would like to try it
Waterfowling better known as "the relentless pursuit of self abuse" It gets in your system and is impossible to shake.
shootemintheface04
hunter

Postby landinggearDRC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm

east end is where everyone sets up.. west side is all houses.. youll see birds there just dont expect in your face action with all the educated birds
landinggearDRC
hunter

Postby rosie43 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 am

So I realize this thread is super old, but if anyone can answer that would be great, I live just off of Simonton Lake, I am 20 years old, avid deer hunter since I was 12, goose hunted a couple times, and really want to get into duck hunting. Is Simonton lake a public spot to duck hunt on then? As in I would not need a land owners permission to hunt the east side of the lake as long as I am not in front of any homes? I don't have anywhere else to go as of now, and don't really know anyone that can take me. Thanks in advance, and any tips on this would be great!
rosie43
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 pm

You can legally duck hunt on any lake in Indiana that has a public access as long as it's not city limits. There are some exceptions, but Simonton isn't one of them.

Don't let the guys in the Honey Hole run you off. That forum is nothing but a perpetual pissing contest. Not the place for a new guy to ask questions. Can be very entertaining at times. You gotta let it be like water off a ducks back. Go back and join in the conversations. I need someone else from this area in there. :welcome:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby hankyorke » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Call the DNR... They are the people who write tickets so ask them.
hankyorke
hunter

Postby rosie43 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:47 am

Papachessie wrote:You can legally duck hunt on any lake in Indiana that has a public access as long as it's not city limits. There are some exceptions, but Simonton isn't one of them.

Don't let the guys in the Honey Hole run you off. That forum is nothing but a perpetual pissing contest. Not the place for a new guy to ask questions. Can be very entertaining at times. You gotta let it be like water off a ducks back. Go back and join in the conversations. I need someone else from this area in there. :welcome:

LOL yea I figured that out pretty quickly! Thanks for the welcome! I have got plenty of learning to do, in here, and in the field/water! lol
rosie43
hunter

Postby rosie43 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:48 am

hankyorke wrote:Call the DNR... They are the people who write tickets so ask them.

yea I am going to, thanks. Idk why I didn't just do that in the first place.. lol
rosie43
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 am

Is the public access on the west side of the lake? (I'm assuming)
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby mikebenghp » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:59 am

Google "where to fish in indiana." A link to an interactive map with every public access site in the state will come up.

Hunted there numerous times while living in Elkhart. Convenient but far from a real hunting experience in my mind. You will get peppered by other hunters. Some real shallow areas you have to watch for. Fisherman come out and DGAF about what you're doing. Shot my first drake mallard on that lake so its holds a special place to me. But it is far from a great spot. I'd spend the 40 minutes heading south to wawasee, webster, tippy, etc.
mikebenghp
hunter

Postby rosie43 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Black Smoke wrote:Is the public access on the west side of the lake? (I'm assuming)

Public access is on the south side of the lake near/in the channel connecting little and big simonton
rosie43
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks Rosie
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting