Duck Hunting Forum banner

Any flooded timber?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  landinggearDRC 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of any flooded timber areas?

#7 ·
This srping up til july I had about 3ft of water in one of my properties in a flooded hardwoods. Cut some dead trees to make bigger landing holes. Tons of birds were using it. Dried up from mid july to beginning of sept(teal season) not a happy camper. :(
Birds are really flying as I hoped this year so far.
Bring on the snow and freezing temps.

#9 ·
I had the same problem landinggear, you're not alone. Early season was real rough for me too, and it hasn't gotten any better yet. I'm heading out tomorrow to hunt for the next 3 days, maybe with any luck the weather up north will move some birds down this away and we'll have some good hunting this weekend before we have to hang it up for a few weeks. I hate this starting and stopping, starting and stopping, thing. But I guess there isn't anything we can do about it. Good luck in the rest of the season.

Come on and snow already.

#10 ·
Tell me about it. waiting for geese to come back into season.. theres a field by my neighborhood no one can hunt it with all the buildings around but its got geese in it all year long. there have been about 200-300 in it every day .... havent seen them leave the neighborhood lake down the road... they just wont fly and feed with this warm weather...dont take me wrong they will fly but its always at night or all day on their loafing ponds.. no need to bulk up on the corn yet with 60 degree days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.