Any lake michigan advise?

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Any lake michigan advise?

Postby diverdestroyer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Hello me and a friend are driving north to try our luck on lake michigan around michigan city. I will have a 17' tender and plenty of diver dekes. We have never been there so any advise would be appreciated; any birds? Public ramps? Where would u recomend hunting? Thanks for input. S
Anyone want to tag along and show us around maybe we could take u out down here around the ohio river later in the season.
diverdestroyer
hunter

Re: Any lake michigan advise?

Postby tdubois » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 pm

how did you make out on the big lake. I live an hour away and always wanted to try. Im going to try and scout it this summer and get an idea were to put in at.
tdubois
Newb

Postby diverdestroyer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:16 am

I made 2 trips up there. We put in at a public ramp located in Washington Park. You better have four wheel drive we got stuck in sand from the dunes the first day lol. The first day we seen a lot of scaup a mile or so out but with winds at 35 mph we decided to hunt inland. The second trip we ended up hunting about a mile out and killed 12 ducks including old squaw, goldeneyes, buffelheads, and bills. Let me know about next year maybe we could hook up and ill bring layout boats. its a 5 hour drive for me so i cant do much scouting though.
diverdestroyer
hunter

Postby shootemintheface04 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 pm

when you hunted a mile out how were the waves? And do the ducks flare due to the boat being there?
Waterfowling better known as "the relentless pursuit of self abuse" It gets in your system and is impossible to shake.
shootemintheface04
hunter

Postby diverdestroyer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

No they didn't flare but then again we had out a couple hundreds dekes with two layout boats in the center.......they had no clue we were there.
diverdestroyer
hunter

Postby tdubois » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 am

sounds like you had a good hunt. we should hook up next year. im only an hour away but if your going a mile theres not a lot of scouting i can do ahead of time. look forward to next season.

tom
tdubois
Newb

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting