Hail Call NE Indiana!!!

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Hail Call NE Indiana!!!

Postby BoilerMan1812 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi All,

I just recently moved to Markle, IN (15 miles S of Fort Wayne) and was looking for some info on the hunting up this way. Any info would be much appreciated. Also would like to hook up with some ppl and do some hunting this fall.

Thanks,

Travis
BoilerMan1812
Newb

Re: Hail Call NE Indiana!!!

Postby ddragon47 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Welcome from NW Indiana. :beer:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey from North Central. Don't know a lot about your area, but when I've driven through, Ive seen quite a few birds. Awful lot of lakes just to your North.:thumbsup:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby DUCKHUNTERJIM » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Welcome to NE Indy. I'm an old guy 65, retired. with a name like Travis I'm guessing you 30. This area is not a hot spot for waterfowl but you can kill more than you can eat if you work at it.

Since you live in markle your closest big water is Roush Resevoir. I live north of FW so I'm not a regular at Roush. To start take hwy 5 across the dam and stop at the resevoir office to get maps. There are several two track roads that access the main lake at several spots, one of which is under the I69 overpass. Ask the guys/gals at the office to point out these roads. Sometimes it appears that they are not to be traveled by vehicles. Pick a dry sunny day and explore, take wifey and kids it'll be fun. Knowing where you are going in the dark is helpful.

When things start to freeze up the geese pour into Roush. Also, we have a February season and the resevoir property is good if the small ponds are thawing. The geese are looking for nesting sites.

From FW north there are about 100 lakes most can be hunted, but there are a lot of cottages. The big state ground for ducks is Pigeon River FWA. There are spots to wade as well as boat hunt. If wading stay out of Massasaugua as there is a floating bottom and once you go through, Adios! Some other areas are ok, J3n and J3s, J4 and others. GTG, Chat later.

Jim
DUCKHUNTERJIM
Newb

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting