New in Southeren Indiana, looking for huntable state land

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

New in Southeren Indiana, looking for huntable state land

Postby Yankee Birddog » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:30 pm

I am new to the Louisville area and live in Indiana. I wanted to get into duck and goose hunting and was wondering if anyone new of some good stae land to hunt that might be successful. I am looking for areas that can be hit in waders since I dont have a boat but might get one real soon. Any of you pros got any tips.
Clint Clark
I hunt when ever I want as long as my wife & three boys say it's ok
Yankee Birddog
Newb

Postby southINhunter » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:05 pm

hello
I live in Madison Indiana if you get any responses and need a hunting partner let me know would love to travel and hunt. I have a couple of local farms that will hold a few geese. I have very little waterfowl experience (ok none) just triing to get started and was told this was the best place to go and find people to help.
southINhunter
hunter

Postby Quackmasterextreme » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:38 pm

After moving to Tell City In. four years ago from Alabama. I can tell you there is no good place to hunt in Indiana. I met some guys in N. Kentucky and now I buy a non resident license there. It was better last year but we have a month to go. Maybe Hovey Lake will have ducks, but you have to draw for a blind. (I hate that) Right now around the Ohio the water is up in the woods and fields. It's legal to hunt flooded fields without permission but with all the flooded fields....it's hard to say where they would be. I have been watching some of the larger flooded fields around here but no ducks.
Money can't buy skill. Determination and the will
to forever learn is all a true duck hunter needs.
It's not a sport, "It's my life."
Quackmasterextreme
Newb

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting