Thanks for the visit

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: nitrousneil, badbowtie, northzoneguy

Thanks for the visit

Postby lostpup » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:44 pm

I went to Merom power station ( turtle creek resevior ) this morning Oct, 22nd 2011. I want to say thanks for the ability to hunt your state while mine is closed. Although we didn't get to kill any bids there was some shooting on the lake. The tally sheets didn't show the dead birds for the shooting that took place. It could have been opener blues and just bad shooting. My opinion is it's like any other lake and people were just taking shots that were to far away. I did see one dead wood duck hen in a boat so there was atleast one duck shot. If you have never been to this lake, holy crap the FOG is terrible from the warm water. The stumps are alot to deal with as well as being very, very shallow. It was quite an adverture to say the least. The idle speed limit it takes awhile to get anywhere but was enjoyable to get to set in the waders and think there was a chance to shoot ducks today. Good luck to all you guy's and again thanks for the chance to enjoy your state and the waterfowling you have here !
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Thanks for the visit

Postby william costa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

well yer welcome,Turtle creek can be really good late when its cold it takes alot to freeze and when it does its just the south end at the ramp.late goose season is good too.was there many at the draw?u need to go a litttle further east to goose pond fer early season but its all walk in marsh and it freezes easy.
william costa
hunter

Postby lostpup » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:58 pm

william costa wrote:well yer welcome,Turtle creek can be really good late when its cold it takes alot to freeze and when it does its just the south end at the ramp.late goose season is good too.was there many at the draw?u need to go a litttle further east to goose pond fer early season but its all walk in marsh and it freezes easy.

I shoot at Hurt's gun club (Tripple H ) so I know where Goose Pond is. There were 12 groups I beleive. Way more than I ever expected. Maybe alot of people have killed there deer already or the small front that we had last week brought them out? Not sure but It'll have to be a very special reason for me to go back.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bandchaser » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Merom is always an adventure. It can be good at times, but not usually worth the hassle.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby scott1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Lostpup
I'm the guy that bought your small box trailer a couple of years ago. I've got plenty of woodies left if you need a Sunday hunt.
I'm over at Oaktown .
scott1
hunter

Postby lostpup » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:28 pm

scott1 wrote:Lostpup
I'm the guy that bought your small box trailer a couple of years ago. I've got plenty of woodies left if you need a Sunday hunt.
I'm over at Oaktown .

Darn Scott wish I had seen this sooner. We tried the lake again and I shot my 1st blue winger and a gaddie. I need to hit you up this winter and take a boat ride and join you. Hope that trailer worked out for you.
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator

Postby scott1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 am

lostpup
We ended up with 25 ducks , last week.
The trailer has made a few trips south to Arkansas and Tn.
I have not checked your seasons but I saw several ducks yesterday in Illinois . PM if you want to know where.
Just email me later about hunting . Who knows if we will have any birds this year . I assume our woodies will be gone before next season.
Scott
scott1
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting