Stillwater-Northfork

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Stillwater-Northfork

Postby UKBDM » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:25 am

Anybody have a report? A buddy has seventh pick there this Sunday(1-8-12) and we haven't drawn out there for a couple of years but had a good hunt last time.
UKBDM
hunter

Re: Stillwater-Northfork

Postby UKBDM » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 am

Thought I would file my own report for those interested. We had seventh pick but none of the other reserve hunters showed up so we ended up first. Nice.

Water was open which is rare for this time of year. Saw plenty of ducks including some divers. Most were fairly educated but three green heads and a black hen found there way onto our strap. We set out 15 mallards and 4 canadas trying to keep the spread small. Didn't use a mojo but did rig a jerk string. Wind was right in our face which made rigging a challenge. Ducks wouldn't fly over the blind so all four were killed out one end or the other of the blind.

I have never had a bad hunt here but have always had a top three pick. I know some of the lower picks didn't fair as well.
UKBDM
hunter

Postby zelezack » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:14 am

My group went out there about 7 or 8 times this year. Everytime except for opening day of late duck season everybody got to hunt. Opening day there were 28 groups and only 22 blinds. Every other time there we've only had 10-12 groups. From what I've collected getting in the marsh has produced great results. We were out Sunday, and for whatever reason the ducks were just landing out in the middle, however we did have a few commit to our decoys, those didn't make it out alive. Rest was pass shooting, including that goose double near end of shoot time.

Overall I've been happy with Stillwater, it's been really low group numbers this year, kind of nice.
zelezack
hunter

Postby UKBDM » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 pm

We were in #6 and saw you drop those two geese right before closing time. Nice shooting.
UKBDM
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting