Anyone seeing any geese?

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Anyone seeing any geese?

Postby jordanflick20 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:23 pm

just wondering if anyone is seeing or having any luck killing some geese? most of the birds around me here in Bloomington on lake monroe arent coming back in to stay for the night until way after shooting time ive been hearing them come in every night around 8. Anyone out there seeing late birds as well or hopefully having some better luck in the fields?
jordanflick20
hunter

Re: Anyone seeing any geese?

Postby zelezack » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am

I noticed that as well, last time(1-8-12) I was at Stillwater the geese didn't start showing up until a few minutes before quitting time, by the time we got all our decoys picked up, there were geese everywhere. All the other ponds I drive by on my way to work in the morning / evening, have lost their geese, my guess those last few days of freezing weather pushed them south. We'll probably head out to Goose Pond soon to see if they have any geese flying, as well as check some of our spots in Brown County.
zelezack
hunter

Postby max4getem » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 am

I have seen some flying over at hardy lake in the morning time. The numbers aren't real strong. But i have seen around 50 to 60 in 1 day. However I don't think scott county has a late season.
max4getem
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Lots of them around here. :biggrin:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby jordanflick20 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 pm

finally I am starting to see some birds, the little bit of freezing it did made it a little easier to find em. If anyone wants to get together and go let me know be glad to take you to a spot of mine if you do the same....by the way I live in Bloomington but do most of my hunting over around linton and goose pond
jordanflick20
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting