Looking for duck-hunting partners and places to hunt

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Looking for duck-hunting partners and places to hunt

Postby Ryan from NorCal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi there,

My name's Ryan. I just moved to Indiananapolis from California. A life-long duck and goose hunter, I'm looking for some nice Hoosiers to help me get into the swing of things out here.

I've got all the gear minus a duck boat (I sold mine in the move). I can call, and I've got a well-trained chocolate lab. A hard worker, I actually enjoy hauling heavy gear, slogging through mud and breaking ice. I'm respectful and polite to landowners and would never, ever litter -- that includes discarded shell casings. I believe in keeping good spots secret, despise sky-busting and believe that politeness and courtesy should still apply among fellow hunters -- yes, even on public land.

I'm also a great game chef who takes pride in making even the funkiest duck and goose taste amazing. You haven't lived until you've tried my corned honker, my pulled goose sandwiches, my smoked whole canvasback or my mallard meatballs. I even have a recipe for spoonie chili so good you'd pay for it at a restaurant.

No joke.

So shoot me note if I sound like the kind of guy you wouldn't mind shivering with in a blind, could use as an assistant guide or who you wouldn't mind having on your property to get rid of those dang birds that eat your silage and crap everywhere.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Ryan from NorCal
hunter

Re: Looking for duck-hunting partners and places to hunt

Postby max4getem » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:09 am

I hunt a lot of public land for ducks and do alright you need to go in.gov/dnr and go to where to hunt that should help you out. You have camp atterbury by you. I have done some good up there but you have to watch it some people shoot for the moon up there.
max4getem
hunter

Postby Jaketez » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:47 pm

I just moved to the area myself. I have been upland hunting since I was a kid and this past year got in to waterfowl hunting. I have all my own gear and am always interested in checking out new spots. I have been looking at the public land and marsh areas and am planning to visit some of those this year. Throwing around the idea of even getting a jon for fishing/hunting. If you ever want to check out some of the draws I am usually up for it. Just give me a heads up and I will try and make it happen.
Jaketez
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 am

The draws :help: Don't believe anyone at them. :eek:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

:lol: Would someone really lie at a draw? :lol3:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Jaketez » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I am curious my self in what you mean here. Should I worry about someone sneaking up on me and stealing my dog and decoys? :smile:
Jaketez
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Jaketez wrote:I am curious my self in what you mean here. Should I worry about someone sneaking up on me and stealing my dog and decoys? :smile:

Just take what other hunters there tell you with a grain of salt.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby max4getem » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:21 pm

I am willing to hunt with anyone who likes to hunt ducks and geese. Only thing is i live in the southern part of the state. If you have any questions please let me know.
max4getem
hunter

Postby Jaketez » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks max4, may take you up on that in the upcoming months. I have just started getting out and scouting some spots. Its amazing how dry it is right now.
Jaketez
hunter

Postby max4getem » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:35 pm

yeah early season my suck this year.... the corn crop i normally hunt hasn't even been cut yet and don't even know if it will be cut in time. I may have a hard early season. So I guess i am going to try my late season spot and see if it pays off this year. It's really sad how this summer has been.
max4getem
hunter

Postby Boom-Boom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Come check out southeast Missouri! Good people...great hunting!
Boom-Boom
hunter

Postby Jaketez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Where do you hunt in MO? I recently lived in the Lou and used to go to Columbia Bottoms and some of the lakes with group of friends on the IL side. Good times!
Jaketez
hunter

Postby jlmartin7282 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

I just moved to Indy this past summer from NW Indiana. I hope to make some trips back up that way to hunt with my buddies up there, and vice-versa, but I will hopefully be looking to get out around here some.
jlmartin7282
hunter

Postby william costa » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Boom-Boom i was gonna check out so.east mo. till the guy said it was 750 a day for a rice field pit :no: :eek:.we have been goin to ne.arkansas and pit was 300 a day but work has us goin at diff date and he is booked.
william costa
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting