Public hunting Indiana

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Public hunting Indiana

Postby billcollector7 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am

Hey I've been hunting all the public land in Northwest Indiana for most of my life. I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on any other public land to check out throughout the state. Possibly something further south that I would be able to hunt when the Northzone season comes to an end. I appreciate any advice and will gladly share any info of the public land in the northern part of the state. Thanks
billcollector7
hunter

Re: Public hunting Indiana

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Go to IDNR.com and look it up. They list all public hunting areas in Indiana.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby billcollector7 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:48 am

yeah I've looked on the idnr website and I know of all the spots. Just wondered if anyone could provide any better information. Like how is the crowd at say goose pond? Ive hunted it In the past but they didn't have any birds at the time so there wasn't much of a crowd. When things get hot do they generally turn many parties away?
billcollector7
hunter

Postby william costa » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 pm

yes there is a chance u will not be drawn.but ive been there about 5 times and hunted each time.it has been crowded at times so as with any draw u take ur chances.Turtle creek is another to check out.it gets decent when its cold.
william costa
hunter

Postby billcollector7 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. Has Anyone hunted Lake Carlyle in Illinois? If so how was your hunt? I've heard some good and bad about that place but im thinking about making a trip over there this season.
billcollector7
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting