Reserve Hunts POSTED!!!!

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Reserve Hunts POSTED!!!!

Postby northzoneguy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:26 pm

0-10 Another dissappointing year looks like im goin to be fighting the circus out on the lakes. Lets see how everyone else does. goodluck guys
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Re: Reserve Hunts POSTED!!!!

Postby trapper1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Got 15th pick on the 20th. 34 years to get opening weekend. Our duck club looks like a no go because of low river. Any idea how many blinds they plan to hunt ?
trapper1
Newb

Postby ddragon47 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Me and the kid blanked again. :sad:
I did get a pheasant hunt on Nov 10. :biggrin:
A buddy got the Kank on Oct 23 and is taking me. :grooving:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Pretty good year for us. Now we need to waterfowl to go with our good picks.
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby Jbriggs » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:19 pm

I got picked for Hovey lake on the 6th of January. That's the one I really wanted. I've never hunted there but it should be a nice change of pace. I'm looking for a good place for 6 guys to stay if anyone knows of a place let me know.
Jbriggs
Newb

Postby JustStartin' » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

picked 2nd for kingsbury on november 18th and cant find anyone to go with me. so if you guys are in the area id be glad to take ya.
JustStartin'
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am

Jbriggs wrote:I got picked for Hovey lake on the 6th of January. That's the one I really wanted. I've never hunted there but it should be a nice change of pace. I'm looking for a good place for 6 guys to stay if anyone knows of a place let me know.

6 Guys? Can only hunt 3.
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby billcollector7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

My 4 hunting buds and I all blanked out. We're lucky like that! No worries we will still kill our share. 10 days and counting
:beer:
billcollector7
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm

billcollector7 wrote:My 4 hunting buds and I all blanked out. We're lucky like that! No worries we will still kill our share. 10 days and counting
:beer:

All it takes it a bit of scouting! Good luck North Zone.
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Looks like I drew for 12-16-12 at hoveys bring on the snow. My cousin just bought a place in MT Vernon so bring it. Has abguest house/carport just for my boat. No more 2+ hour drive the same day as hunt.

Sent from a mobile carrier pigeon!
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Jbriggs » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 am

Another guy and I both got a draw hence the 6 men.
Jbriggs
Newb

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Good luck at Hoveys. I'd stay far far away from that wasteland.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:48 pm

A few days out of a whole season hoveys can be good. The other 58 idiots and shy birds.

Sent from a mobile carrier pigeon!
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Dont get me wrong it could be a great place. Like it once was. But someone would have to put some effort into it. The fat *** thats there now isnt going to do anything. I can tell you how I really feel about him if you want :eek:
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 am

Dbishop311 wrote:Dont get me wrong it could be a great place. Like it once was. But someone would have to put some effort into it. The fat *** thats there now isnt going to do anything. I can tell you how I really feel about him if you want :eek:

before my day i heard hoveys was the bomb, geese and duck mecca. I was out there 5 times last year and it seems there needs to be more enforcement. hell most draw days DNR never even showed up for draws. so it was a free for all. luckily every one kinda agreed to go different areas.
18javelin
hunter

Postby bobneilson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:43 am

Got second pick at Willow Slough opening day. Any suggestions on blind to pick? Area to hunt?
bobneilson
hunter

Postby JustStartin' » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:22 am

yea i got second pick at kingsbury, whats a good blind.
JustStartin'
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 am

JustStartin' wrote:yea i got second pick at kingsbury, whats a good blind.

Do they have many blinds there now?
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby JustStartin' » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:03 pm

i dont know i have to call.
JustStartin'
hunter

Postby JustStartin' » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

if your talking blinds in general yes they do, but i dont know if they have any with water.
JustStartin'
hunter

Reserve Hunts POSTED!!!!

Postby badbowtie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Hovey can be horrible and good. Between all my hunting buddies, dad and I, I pretty much have a reserve every Sunday in dec. just have to see what weather and birds we get.

Yes new management down there would do wonders!
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby quacksmacker84 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Kingsbury currently has 4 blinds with water in the Grande Marsh. Blinds 4,6,7,and 8 are huntable. 4,6, and 7 are floating blinds and 8 is a post blind. All the others are dry and not being hunted at the moment. My buddy and I kayaked out there last week and the blinds with no water will probably be out of commision all year unless we get some crazy rain. It's real dry and overgrown in places. The DNR officer I talked to said blind 6 " Willow Island" is the best spot to hunt with the way the water currently is. Best of luck!!
quacksmacker84
Newb

Postby JustStartin' » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:00 pm

sweet thanks, i cant wait. a month away.
JustStartin'
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:05 am

quacksmacker84 wrote:Kingsbury currently has 4 blinds with water in the Grande Marsh. Blinds 4,6,7,and 8 are huntable. 4,6, and 7 are floating blinds and 8 is a post blind. All the others are dry and not being hunted at the moment. My buddy and I kayaked out there last week and the blinds with no water will probably be out of commision all year unless we get some crazy rain. It's real dry and overgrown in places. The DNR officer I talked to said blind 6 " Willow Island" is the best spot to hunt with the way the water currently is. Best of luck!!

Thanks for saving me 30$ in gas. Also the time you saved others from having to scout will be appreciated. You spent your time and money to scout. Let others do the same. I work hard and spend a lot of time scouting and Ill be d****d if I'm going to tell anyone what I saw or found. Thats like telling the world about your honey hole. Maybe I'm a bit to harsh but some of the things I put up with during season, I want to be all alone. No one around and birds all to yourself :grooving:
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby quacksmacker84 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:
quacksmacker84 wrote:Kingsbury currently has 4 blinds with water in the Grande Marsh. Blinds 4,6,7,and 8 are huntable. 4,6, and 7 are floating blinds and 8 is a post blind. All the others are dry and not being hunted at the moment. My buddy and I kayaked out there last week and the blinds with no water will probably be out of commision all year unless we get some crazy rain. It's real dry and overgrown in places. The DNR officer I talked to said blind 6 " Willow Island" is the best spot to hunt with the way the water currently is. Best of luck!!

Thanks for saving me 30$ in gas. Also the time you saved others from having to scout will be appreciated. You spent your time and money to scout. Let others do the same. I work hard and spend a lot of time scouting and Ill be d****d if I'm going to tell anyone what I saw or found. Thats like telling the world about your honey hole. Maybe I'm a bit to harsh but some of the things I put up with during season, I want to be all alone. No one around and birds all to yourself :grooving:

Well I have no intentions to hunt Kingsbury this year due to the water level and other new spots I have to hunt. So I figured any information I had that could help someone that is actually going to hunt it would be appreciated. It is not like I'm giving out locations and info to a secret honey hole. It's over hunted public land.
quacksmacker84
Newb

Next

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting