Willow Slough

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Willow Slough

Postby bobneilson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

Hunted opening day. Took 87 empty shells out of bottom of blind M-2. All of them 12 ga. 3 and 3 1/2 inch 4's and 2's. Guess those "youth hunters" have pretty stout shoulders. Only had three decoying birds, got them plus 4 pass shooting. Was really great to see young men and women at the check station, hope they had a good hunt. P.S. If you get that blind watch out for the hole right in front of the blind, it is well over your waders and 15 yards out from the blind. I found it with great success.
bobneilson
hunter

Re: Willow Slough

Postby mikebenghp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah, when a group comes back from a youth hunt with a 6 and 7 year old with two limits of ducks I tend to be highly skeptical. And people are 100% definitely breaking the 20 shell limit. Thankfully, the CO's have been spending more time at the Slough so far this year so hopefully violators will get snagged. I know so far this year people have been caught with toxic loads, too many shells, no stamp, no barrel plug, woodies during teal season and marijuana on them at the slough this year. Hopefully the CO's can stick around all season. I have been there 5 times total and have seen the CO's three times and they are checking people thoroughly.

When I was in M1 during early season I pulled a 12 pack of busch light empties, numerous candy wrappers and shotgun shells from the floor.I filled two plastic grocery bags. People absolutely disgust me. I would hate to have to step foot in their house. I don't care what you do, if you wanna break the law go for it. But clean up after yourselves you swine. A.) you're giving yourself away, morons. Any half competent CO would be able to track you down. Remember that little sign in sheet? B.) you are ruining our public hunting opportunities. This kind of behavior will lead to a loss of rights for the rest of us. It always does.

Leave the blind better than you found it! Would you want to show up to hunt and have your blind smell like stale beer and full of trash?

THAT SAID, I love Willow Slough and can't wait to get there for our reserve hunt next weekend.
mikebenghp
hunter

Re: Willow Slough

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

++1 Mike
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting