patoka lake

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

patoka lake

Postby max4getem » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey guys I need help what part of the lake is open all season and which part of the lake is closed to hunt. I looked at the map and isn't very good. I would be interested in getting a map or if someone could just tell me which boat ramps you could hunt and which ones are off limits. I am not asking for where to hunt but just which places are hunt able.
max4getem
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm


Re: patoka lake

Postby Blindedheart212 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 am

Are you talking about the lake or the refuge?
Blindedheart212
hunter
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby max4getem » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 am

The lake what part of the lake can you hunt or not hunt. I know part is a refuge and it only has certain dates that I have but I am talking about can you hunt anyplace on the lake or just certain areas.
max4getem
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby Blindedheart212 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:06 pm

max4getem wrote:The lake what part of the lake can you hunt or not hunt. I know part is a refuge and it only has certain dates that I have but I am talking about can you hunt anyplace on the lake or just certain areas.


I don't know about the lake, I just hunt the refuge. Don't have a boat.
Blindedheart212
hunter
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby william costa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm

u can hunt anywhere on lake with a few exceptions.u can never hunt sycamore creek closed during season.u can hunt the west fork dublin branch on certain days.the river from walls lake ramp back is closed except for certain days also.other than that u can hunt anywhere on lake any time.
william costa
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby max4getem » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 am

I guess I will have to call up there so I can talk to them and mark it on a map.
max4getem
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby william costa » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 am

pretty simple really.the bouys at walls lake ramp mark the no hunt zone.the bouys across lake past little patoka boat ramp mark sycamore creek no hunting there ever!the west fork (dublin) is the fork that branches off there at sycamore creek and is marked with bouys goin all the way across just like all other areas.u can hunt dublin and past walls ramp on certain dates given to u by patoka lake office.
william costa
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:35 pm

I hunt the lake live 2 miles away and 90% of my hunting is a hour away. The other 10% is 2 hours away. Lol I hunt it when I only have a few hours to hunt.

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: patoka lake

Postby max4getem » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:51 pm

I never hunted it so I just wondering, were do you normally hunt it at youo don't have to tell me, I am just wondering
max4getem
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: patoka lake

Postby 18javelin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:06 am

I usually DONT hunt it. But when i do i usually just motor out and set up, get the stove going enjoy breakfast on the lake and some peace and quiet from kids. Then i load it all back up and go back home. :biggrin:

Seriously.... :crying:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: patoka lake

Postby max4getem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Haha yeah okay man I totally understand.....
max4getem
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm


Return to Indiana Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests