No Ducks I guess still up north

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

No Ducks I guess still up north

Postby max4getem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm

I have been hunting the last three days I have saw a couple of locals birds but no groups of birds, This season is starting to suck really bad, I take 2 weeks off work to waterfowl hunt I guess I should have stayed at work. Birds don't seem to be moving south in hurry. I thought the could weather would bring some down along with the snow up north but I guess not.
max4getem
hunter

Re: No Ducks I guess still up north

Postby Blindedheart212 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 pm

max4getem wrote:I have been hunting the last three days I have saw a couple of locals birds but no groups of birds, This season is starting to suck really bad, I take 2 weeks off work to waterfowl hunt I guess I should have stayed at work. Birds don't seem to be moving south in hurry. I thought the could weather would bring some down along with the snow up north but I guess not.

The general cold is not what we're looking for, we're looking for a deep freeze up north to send the ducks south. The deep freeze will limit the ducks food, sending them our way. From what I understand, we still have a week or so. They will come, even if it is only for a week or two of birds. We need a normal season where this weather happens in mid November so that we can get the ducks during everyone's seasons. Hopefully we will see some soon.
Blindedheart212
hunter

Postby mysticwolf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

max4getem wrote:I have been hunting the last three days I have saw a couple of locals birds but no groups of birds, This season is starting to suck really bad, I take 2 weeks off work to waterfowl hunt I guess I should have stayed at work. Birds don't seem to be moving south in hurry. I thought the could weather would bring some down along with the snow up north but I guess not.

Well, if your planing on going north to hunt, go WAY north, there are no birds here either, and I am beginning to wonder if they are ever gonna make it :sad:
Love to watch um back peddel when the blind opens up
mysticwolf
hunter

Postby bigmonty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I hope they get to migrating. I have an Arkansas timber hunt for a week in Jan. If not, I may have to travel to Canada instead.
bigmonty
hunter

Postby Blindedheart212 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm

mysticwolf wrote:

Well, if your planing on going north to hunt, go WAY north, there are no birds here either, and I am beginning to wonder if they are ever gonna make it :sad:

Ducks, what are ducks? I remember a legend my dad told me one time that mentioned a creature called a duck. :biggrin:
Blindedheart212
hunter

Postby bigmonty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 am

Blindedheart212 wrote:
mysticwolf wrote:

Ducks, what are ducks? I remember a legend my dad told me one time that mentioned a creature called a duck. :biggrin:

I hear these creatures have been spotted in South Dakota and Canada... Nothing around here! lol
bigmonty
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting