goosepond fwa

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

goosepond fwa

Postby billcollector7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey guys wondered if anyone had any info they were willing to share on goosepond. Like what are the better areas? I'm making a 3 hour drive to hunt so I'm pretty clueless. Only hunted it once before. I don't blame anyone for not helping but figured it was worth a try. Hate going to a property completely blind.
billcollector7
hunter

Re: goosepond fwa

Postby 18javelin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 am

We hunted 13 yesterday not going back today... Killed one goose from daylight to dark... shy birds, very shy.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby billcollector7 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 pm

That makes for a long day. Are they holding many birds?
billcollector7
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm

There isn't blinds it is all walk in area. No motors allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 am

billcollector7 wrote:That makes for a long day. Are they holding many birds?

There was several geese probably 400 or so we seen, ducks it didnt seem like many to me, and there wasnt much shooting. 13 partys for thurs/fri draw.... This was my first journey up there but had some info from buddys on what and where to draw into.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby billcollector7 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Ended up getting 36th pick and hunted gp1. We saw a lot of birds. Only shot 2 green heads. Our neighbors in the same unit had a better looking spread or something. We battled for birds all morning but they seemed to win that battle. I however only see them kill 3 out of there 50 shots. All in all an enjoyable hunt to end my season. Loved watching the big flocks of pintail and specs. I don't get to see that often at home.
billcollector7
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting