2013 Early Season Teal

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

2013 Early Season Teal

Postby BRuss0426 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Brian and I'm new to duck hunting in Indiana. I moved down here two years ago, but have mainly stuck to duck hunting up in Michigan with family. I'd like to early season teal hunt down here before opening day up north but have no idea where to even begin to look for teal to hunt. I live in Hamilton county. If anyone could give some recommendations or is maybe looking for a hunting partner, please let me know!
BRuss0426
hunter

Re: 2013 Early Season Teal

Postby 18javelin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Usually find them scouting. Just saying brutha quit asking for spot
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby dsdstoffel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Hamilton county does not have a lot of options for a teal hunter if i were you i would get on dnr website and look at the public waterfowl areas, and plan a trip. Welcome to indiana, and if your ever in the northern part of the state i would be glad to show you how to kill a few teal.
dsdstoffel
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am

We usually find teal every year. But you HAVE to scout. They move around a lot and a cold front can be your best and worst enemy.
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby jriedel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 pm

dsdstoffel wrote:Hamilton county does not have a lot of options for a teal hunter if i were you i would get on dnr website and look at the public waterfowl areas, and plan a trip. Welcome to indiana, and if your ever in the northern part of the state i would be glad to show you how to kill a few teal.

Dude don't be a d@%k. I moved down here 3 years ago and am still having problems. Indiana isn't exactly the hot spot for waterfowl, the lack of public land in the state of indian makes it hard for anyone to find a place to hunt, let alone all of rules and details that the InDNR doesn't put on their website like no hunting tues, thurs, sunday and all of that BS.

We are supposed to be helping each other, not jump someones case because they ask for some help. be like dsdstoffel and give them information on where to find places, don't give them your sweet spot just be like i hear Down stream of Owensboro has some ducks...that gives them a place to start looking and if by God they get your place then find a new one or get their earlier.
jriedel
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:50 am

Lets be nice here.

I re read his post and he was just offering advice on the DNR website and even offered to show some spots in northern IN. (Might be worth while to take him up on that offer, meet a guy off here and maybe find a spot or two to hunt!)
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby jriedel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:39 am

I'm sorry, the quote i quoted was the helpful one and that was what i was trying to get at. We're all here for the same reason, to promote the sport of waterfowling.
jriedel
hunter

Postby badbowtie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 am

jriedel wrote:I'm sorry, the quote i quoted was the helpful one and that was what i was trying to get at. We're all here for the same reason, to promote the sport of waterfowling.

10-4

Just from what I have seen... Teal arent here at all. Need a cold front first.
badbowtie
State Moderator

Postby Jethro48 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:56 pm

badbowtie wrote:
jriedel wrote:I'm sorry, the quote i quoted was the helpful one and that was what i was trying to get at. We're all here for the same reason, to promote the sport of waterfowling.

10-4

Just from what I have seen... Teal arent here at all. Need a cold front first.

I hear ya been all over n seeing woodies everywhere but only a couple teal here and there!! Checking some Geese n the morning then gonna try n find some teal!
Jethro48
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Have not seen any Teal around. :no:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby hankyorke » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 pm

18javelin wrote:Usually find them scouting. Just saying brutha quit asking for spot

Well said.
hankyorke
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:52 am

I wasnt being a douche i was just stating as you reitterated Indiana has very few ducks and spots im not going to tell you where to look as thats probably a spot i hunt also after i spend some time scouting to see if ducks are there. Go to indnr website they list areas you can hunt, go from there.

Dont get your panties in a wad cause someone told you to scout... i have spent thousands of dollars searching out holes some i may never step foot in. But when i show up there it will be because i scouted it out not asked some dude on the internet. Some of my spots range up to 3-4 hours away.

Now when i run into guys on a body of water and they are there after scouting themselves i will share what info i know with them in hopes both of us can get the most out of what our public waters offer. Hope to see you in one of my spots soon. good Luck this fall and knock em in the beak....
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting