Goose petition

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: nitrousneil, badbowtie, northzoneguy

Goose petition

Postby supr87gt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 am

http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com/i ... 1172151226

Sign it boys. Hopefully strength in numbers will work.
supr87gt
hunter

It would not let me register there..............

Postby Poke Boater » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm

Strange web site with glitches galore.

I'll just vote here and pass it on supr87gt :thumbsup:

Use my username to say goose pooped out people addling or oiling eggs should be required to give $20.00 per egg to Ducks Unlimited. If this passes I'll hunt next year without stamps and if collared by a CO I'll take it to court with a good lawyer. I do know one really!

A pioneer season is needed,..........year around hunting 12/7.

PB

:thumbsdown: To the change to reduce #'s of the Giant Canada goose in Indiana with a sprinkling of days to hunt the nuicence sp? birds.
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:24 am

Most geese up here are in the new housing or places you can't hunt on in the city limits
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Re: It would not let me register there..............

Postby supr87gt » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:20 am

Poke Boater wrote:Strange web site with glitches galore.

I'll just vote here and pass it on supr87gt :thumbsup:

Use my username to say goose pooped out people addling or oiling eggs should be required to give $20.00 per egg to Ducks Unlimited. If this passes I'll hunt next year without stamps and if collared by a CO I'll take it to court with a good lawyer. I do know one really!

A pioneer season is needed,..........year around hunting 12/7.

PB

:thumbsdown: To the change to reduce #'s of the Giant Canada goose in Indiana with a sprinkling of days to hunt the nuicence sp? birds.

hmm. not glitches from here. try huntingg-indiana.com maybe thats better for ya. Ill pass it along though.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Poke Boater » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:46 pm

supr87gt,

The nice antler and feathers related Hoosier site just would not accept my username here. I dotted I's and crossed the T's and re-copied the color blind :tounge: :laughing: chart each time at the bottom.

It finnaly said I was using the wrong form. It was way out of shotgun range so I didn't shoot. :pissed: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the pass it on. I may try again next computer season! :help:

Any state that has a real poopy problem where we make fertilized & manicured grassy spots NEAR WATER. Should have a pioneer goose season open year round 12/7!

PB :thumbsup: :huh: :huh: :no: :tongue:
Last edited by Poke Boater on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:57 am

supr87gt,
I could not figure out how to sign the petiton, i was
able to register but still awaiting approval!!???
I would like to here more on this topic so hopefully
u will post it here.

I believe and have been expressing it to local C/O's,
that we need a Feb or early March season

Just yesterday i went and checked my favorite spot and
there were at least 1000 Canadas hanging out.
And this is near a high dollar subdivision.
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:00 am

Here's the original post from hunting-indiana.com

Please just sign your name, I'll put another thread in for comments. I am going to the Ft. Wayne goose information seminar on March 20. This is a public forum to discuss and learn about urban goose problems. Scott

The following hoosiers wish to express their frustration with the Canada goose situation. Before oiling or other egg destruction methods are attempted, please allow for any and all attempts by hunters to control the population. Increased bag limits, extended shooting hours, and extended seasons should be tried along with population redistribution, (especially an early spring season) to bring the situation under control before any egg destruction. Please remember that it was the hunters money that was utilized to bring geese back from the edge of extinction. If egg destruction is the chosen method, why require hunters to purchase a state or federal stamp to hunt geese?

Volunteers are waiting to assist throughout the state. Let us move the birds, then extend our season. Public image is everything. Let us help and make a big deal out of it. The communities will respond.
supr87gt
hunter

Postby Poke Boater » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:28 pm

supr87gt,

That petition is well written. But it has to be in the right hands of some smart polititian that will act for the good of Hoosiers who hunt geese without using a 7 iron golf club. And with one hand tied behind our backs!

PB :thumbsup:
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby dec » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:33 pm

I am good friends with the author of the petition. He is as die hard as they come to waterfowl issues and hunting opportunities. Trust me when I say this, he will get it into the "right hands". :yes:
Derek Craig

New Day Outdoors Productions, Marsh Mutt, Drake Waterfowl Systems, DSD

Next time you go out hunting, consider taking a kid along. Our future is the greatest joy you will find this sport.
dec
hunter

Postby Poke Boater » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:14 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up on the "good hands" Derek in Angola.

I still wonder if we could lower the numbers to satisfy all city & suburban dwellers without a 12/7 "Pioneer Season".
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting