Goose seminar

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Goose seminar

Postby hoosierhunter » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:09 pm

Hey guys, I posted this up on some other forums also, so you might have already seen it, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw it. I wanted to post up and see if I can get an idea of the level of interest in having a goose calling/hunting seminar. I am currently talking with Sportsman's Warehouse in Lafayette about having it there, and having a waterfowl sales event along with it. I have talked with Scott Threinin and he is excited and on board to do it, for those that don't know Scott, he is the author of the Bad Grammar instructional CD, and a very accomplished contest caller and fulltime waterfowl guide. I am looking at the beginning of August to do it, and am hoping to coincide it with having the Indiana state duck calling contest and Indiana open goose calling contest, but that is not for sure yet. I just want it to be a big, fun and instructional event for everyone. What I am wanting from everyone is what would you like to discuss or hope to learn from such an event, again, I want to make sure we make good use of our time and really get into the meat of instructing to those that want and need it. So post up for one if you are for sure interested in attending, and also what you would like to see or get out of such an event. Thanks for all your help! Matt
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
Buck Gardner Calls Pro-staff
Dakota Decoy X-treme Team
hoosierhunter
hunter

Postby mmalino » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:21 pm

oh i would most definately go and im sure i have at least 5 or 6 buddies that would go and a couple that would call in it for sure bud :thumbsup:

g'luck would love to see it there :cheers:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby Fatdembo » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:23 pm

Definitely, sportsmans is right down the road from me, I can spread the word aroind town and let the local waterfowlers know, please post and info and dates as soon as you can.
Bill Saunders Game Calls Field Staff
Fatdembo
hunter

Postby hoosierhunter » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:00 am

Just so everyone knows, if we have the calling contest also, it will be the Indiana state sanctioned duck calling contest, a 2 man meat calling contest, Junior state calling contest (16 and under), open goose calling contest, junior open goose calling contest, and I would like to also see a novice duck and novice goose calling contest also. I'll work on nailing down the date and all the particulars. Thanks again! Matt
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
hoosierhunter
hunter

Update

Postby hoosierhunter » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:55 am

Just an update, I talked with Eric Estes, he is the guy that holds the state sanction, and schedules the state calling contest. He is looking at Aug. 18th and 19th, so I am thinking of coordinating the seminar and event with him, we'll have a big waterfowl weekend! I'll talk with some vendors and hopefully maybe we can get some sales events along with it! He is already scheduling it with the new Bass Pro Shops up in Portage, IN, so that's where it is going to be. I talked with him about having novice duck and goose contests also, and he wasn't much for it, now if there was a large enough entry into it he said he would consider it, but otherwise he doesn't want to have to mess with it. I will be having Scott Threinen down for our seminar and break it up into different topics with breaks in between to help schedule it around the calling events. Eric was also hoping to have Fred Zink to help MC the goose event on Sun.. Anyway that is the scoop for now, as things change I will let everyone know. By the way Eric is hoping to get a regional duck competition here that weekend as well, so it promises to be a very big event! By the way, practice up your routine, the 2 man meat calling competition is looking like it will pay out $500.00, it is alot of fun and takes the pressure off 1 guy, so give it a try!
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
hoosierhunter
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:54 pm

sounds pretty good. :thumbsup:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby phil » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Like it! :thumbsup: When are you thinking tto have this event?
phil
hunter

Postby hoosierhunter » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 am

We will have the seminar the same day as the calling contest and schedule it around the events, so it looking like Aug. 18th. I update when it is set in stone! Thanks for the interest.
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
hoosierhunter
hunter

Postby Band Bandit » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:39 am

Aug 18th will work for me, count me in. :thumbsup:
Our Cause is Just (OIF II)
Band Bandit
hunter

Seminar

Postby Koondog » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:42 pm

Brilliant! Count me in.
Ted K
Koondog
hunter

Postby quackingtim » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:54 am

Dang Matt, you are everywhere. I just found this sight.
quackingtim
hunter

Postby mmalino » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:09 am

:welcome: to DHC quackhingtim!
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby hoosierhunter » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:08 pm

Tim,
I do what I can do, when I can do it, Ya know! Are you back from your hunting trip? I can't believe you didn't call me up and ask me to go with you!! Just kidding.
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
hoosierhunter
hunter

Postby quackingtim » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:04 am

First full week of March next year. I already have my hotel room booked. You are more then welcome to come.
quackingtim
hunter

Postby hoosierhunter » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:14 pm

I may just take you up on that! Of course, unfortunately I'll have to wait and see what my schedule looks like when it gets closer, but I'll see if I can't do it! Happy B-day again on here! :)
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
hoosierhunter
hunter

Postby chicobrownbear » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Kind of a haul for me, but I wish you fellers well. Let us know how it goes.
chicobrownbear
hunter

Postby SiouxperDave » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:13 pm

I'll be there if the wife isn't working.
SiouxperDave
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting