Lake Michigan duck guides?

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Lake Michigan duck guides?

Postby njfowlfooler » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am

Just wondering if anyone knows of a guide service for ducks on Lake Michigan?
I am from New Jersey and I would like to hunt for a day in northern Indiana for ducks other than mallards or wood ducks in early november this year. I was thinking there may be a guide for divers on the big lake?Or even a guide on another lake in northern Indiana?
I would be greatfull for any information on this.
Thanks!
njfowlfooler
hunter

Postby pigeonflier » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:48 am

To get the divers in N Indiana,, timimg is key. Lots dont get here till after the north zone closes. Maybe this year will be different. If I were looking for a guide I would go with these guys www.biglakeoutdoors.com

They can kill some birds :thumbsup:
Feet Down!!
pigeonflier
hunter

thanks

Postby njfowlfooler » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:21 am

Thanks for that info. I spoke to John at biglake outdoors and he only does diver hunts in Michigan waters on Lake Michigan. I need to find someone who guides on the Indiana part of the lake. I am trying to hunt the 49 states that you can legally hunt ducks in and I have not hunted Indiana yet so thats why I need to hunt the big lake in Indiana waters. I am also trying to do this without shooting mallards.Here in my part of NJ we consider them trash ducks.
Thanks again.
njfowlfooler
hunter

Re: thanks

Postby mmalino » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:57 pm

njfowlfooler wrote:Thanks for that info. I spoke to John at biglake outdoors and he only does diver hunts in Michigan waters on Lake Michigan. I need to find someone who guides on the Indiana part of the lake. I am trying to hunt the 49 states that you can legally hunt ducks in and I have not hunted Indiana yet so thats why I need to hunt the big lake in Indiana waters. I am also trying to do this without shooting mallards.Here in my part of NJ we consider them trash ducks.
Thanks again.

:lol:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby mmalino » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:06 pm

but on a serious note, early november will more than likely not be very productive for divers at all on the lake :no:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

timing for divers

Postby njfowlfooler » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Yes, I know from my past hunts on Lake ontario in NY the weather in early to mid November makes a big differance in numbers of divers available. I am sure its the same in your area.I just can't make it any later due to my work schedule.
And really, I was not making a joke about the mallards here. I do get the same reaction no matter where I have hunted. Anyone that hunts around here would rather shoot a merganser or a coot than be seen with a mallard.
njfowlfooler
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:33 pm

April Fools :lol:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby hoosierhunter » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:28 pm

A good guide in northern Indiana, and they do layout hunting on the big lake, also do scull hunts, check out River City Outfitters, www.rivercityoutfitter.com, talk with Kevin Smith, great guy and he'll work hard for you! Good luck.
Matt Haase
HOOSIER H.I.T. SQUAD
Buck Gardner Calls Pro-staff
Dakota Decoy X-treme Team
hoosierhunter
hunter

river city outfitters

Postby njfowlfooler » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:36 am

Ok! great ! I will check them out . Thank you!
njfowlfooler
hunter

Postby fowlaholic » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 am

mallards a trash duck? dude drop the pipe and stop smokin rocks lol
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Re: timing for divers

Postby davecz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:56 pm

njfowlfooler wrote:Yes, I know from my past hunts on Lake ontario in NY the weather in early to mid November makes a big differance in numbers of divers available. I am sure its the same in your area.I just can't make it any later due to my work schedule.
And really, I was not making a joke about the mallards here. I do get the same reaction no matter where I have hunted. Anyone that hunts around here would rather shoot a merganser or a coot than be seen with a mallard.

I could take you on a guided coot hunt for cheap :lol:
davecz
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting