Howdy

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Howdy

Postby Whompus Cat » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Hey guys, I hope you all are as pumped up about the up coming season as i am. I live and hunt in North Carolina and have a friend with family in Seymour, Indiana. My buddy is completely knew to duck hunting and said his family has land that sometimes floods. I asked if he recalls seeing any waterfowl around his families farm and he said they are often covered in swans. I am completely foreign to hunting in Indiana, and hunting in fields is something that we dont do here. We have swamps and marsh. He wants to take me up there to hunt and I thought I would do some investigating before hand. Can any of you guys give me some advice before I make a decision? I know a lot depends on weather, But when is the best time to go? The farm is about 45 minutes out in the country from seymour. Is this a good area for ducks? Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
banned but not forgotten
Whompus Cat
Membership permanently suspended

Postby fowlaholic » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:38 am

yes that is a great erea just dont shoot the swans if you dont want a stay in the local inn. azalia is a great spot on the river there.
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Postby Whompus Cat » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:24 pm

thanks for the info, do you guys have the opportunity to apply for a swan permit there? NC does a drawing and gives out 5000 swan permits. A person who is drawn for the permit is allowed to shoot one swan. Would thanksgiving be a good time to hunt there?
banned but not forgotten
Whompus Cat

Postby fowlaholic » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:23 pm

no swan permits here and thanksgiving can be hit or miss depends on the weather up north to push birds down. by then all the locals are in freezers or on prozac.
gettin out is all the fun if you bag a bird thats a bonus
fowlaholic
hunter

Postby Whompus Cat » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:08 pm

that sucks yall cant shoot swans, you should come to NC and waste one of those big suckers. Maybe a later date then thanksgiving would be best then. I'll consider christmas. Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll be sure to respect the state you live in and keep it clean. Yall try to save a bird or two for me.
banned but not forgotten
Whompus Cat

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting