OFF SEASON

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

OFF SEASON

Postby SDMF » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:17 am

Snow in the end of March :crying:
Gunna hit the Kankakee tommorow in hopes of catching a fish or two. At the very least, just to get out of the dam house!! Mostly fishing for me, little weight lifting if I get in the mood for it LOL, also like to keep my dog in shape by doin some off season training,the occasional rock concert and of course , chasing the Girlfriend around the house :yes:
WTH do the rest of you guys do during the long wait til opening Day ???
Team Rasputin: NEVER SAY DIE
SDMF
hunter

Re: OFF SEASON

Postby Greenheadindy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Lots of fishing and as much trail riding on dirt bikes as possible. Some golf, but not nearly as much as I used to. Probably chase a few turkeys around too.
Nice marmot
Greenheadindy
hunter

Postby Huntnharris » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Work like crazy so I can take off during hunting season!LOL Wont get to fish as much as in the past because I am coaching my son's baseball team, so that will take up most of the summer. Also going to fine tune the dog for next season.
Huntnharris
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Get stuff ready for next season . Shoot sporting clays . Get stuff ready for next season . Shoot sporting clays . Load target shells for shooting sporting clays .
Oldman1949
hunter

Postby Overkill67 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Getting ready for thunder chickens. Been a long season for us here with the season getting extended with geese/snow geese over in Illinois.....Sept.-March. After turkeys it's time for more doggy work, fishing, and getting ready for Sept. again fixing broken weights, re-designing the boat blind and clays for the youngest one :thumbsup:
Overkill67
hunter

Postby SDMF » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am

Overkill67 wrote:Getting ready for thunder chickens. Been a long season for us here with the season getting extended with geese/snow geese over in Illinois.....Sept.-March. After turkeys it's time for more doggy work, fishing, and getting ready for Sept. again fixing broken weights, re-designing the boat blind and clays for the youngest one :thumbsup:

LOL yea man Very short off season for you guys ! Lemme know when you guys head over to Oakwood Gun Club for a clays shoot. Wouldn't mind smashin some clays !
Team Rasputin: NEVER SAY DIE
SDMF
hunter

Postby mikebenghp » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Love shooting at Oakwood. As soon as spring decides to show up and stick around I plan on heading there with my dad, brother, and a hunting buddy or two. I also do Izaak Walton shoots on Thursdays just to try to keep the rust off.

My offseason mostly includes buckling down on my college studies. I tend to slip a little in the fall, I have no idea why....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And with an internship this summer I am not going to have as much time as usual for prepping the boat and gear. My hunting shed looks like a bomb went off in it. It was so dang cold at the end of the season that everything was frozen so I couldnt arrange everything as I usually would. Hopefully Ill get a few days between school and work to get in there and get things in order.
mikebenghp
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting