If your boat weighs less than 60 lbs. Let's hear about 'em!

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Do you hunt from a small double ender boat?

Yes
100%
No, but I may someday
No votes

Total votes : 2

If your boat weighs less than 60 lbs. Let's hear about 'em!

Postby Poke Boater » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 pm

:welcome: To : "Small ("Hoosier") boats spoken here."

This is not meant to be an advertisment of any brand. But brag away on yours if you like. This day and age they're light weight, low in profile, safe from puncture, and stealthy to the max.

The small, (always mis-named as kayaks) boats aren't everyones "Cup 'O Tea" for sure. My boat weighs 22 lbs and I wouldn't trade it for anything similar to it. Double ender as meaning two pointed ends. The poll question should have been stated as such.

Please list pointers on car topping, camo attachment, painting schemes, transporting to the water or fields, safety on H20, mishaps encountered, length of float trips, and any tricks to share with us about small boating and getting close to wary waterfowl. Any small hunting boat story you may want to share. Getting a limit is always a challenge no matter how it's accomplished! :help:

I do like the two seaters, and would like to have one someday. I'll keep this intro short, and hope to hear from Hoosiers that think the world of their small, sneaky, light weight boats. :salude:

Poke Boater,....... down the White River a long way southwest from Indy.
Last edited by Poke Boater on Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Postby surf_ox » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:06 pm

technically its 52 lbs.....15 ft canoe.....slides real easy in the back of the pickup with my homemade canoe hauler in it.....easy to navigate snakey point also.....like to solo hunt even though it seats two.....and has been used as an ice breaker in january at snakey point also.....just shove it in the weeds and put on the waders.....i wouldn't have it any other way
Is a frustrated hunter swinging a canoe paddle after sunset at a fall teal breaking any laws?
surf_ox
hunter

Snakey Point you say? Three weeks ago,.......

Postby Poke Boater » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:51 am

surf ox,

PC was cleaned of junk and un-wanted sickness'. Thanks for your reply and vote on my first poll anywhere.

Three weeks ago West of Snakey Pt. on SR 57 North I was truck'in to Knox county. A few minutes before dark a large wing spanned bird was seen heading West. A GB Heron I thought. Another look just to be sure from the truck's windshield was a sight to call a first.

It was a Bald Eagle flying 50 feet above 57! That close to a busy road is a first for me. Eagle sightings are usualy earned with patience off the beaten path. Each time we visit this large swamp we see one or more Eagles don't we?

Nice to hear of your small boating experiences at a Patoka River N W R super swamp that I visit also.

Do you use your homemade hauler to traverse the path along the South Fork heading North? Who's boat hauler is there all the time in the small parking area?

Safe hunting and small boating to you,

Poke Boater
#1 If a falling duck's head is "held up" shoot again.
#2 If a downed duck lays still on the water with it's head "held down" straight out and you detect ANY movement across the current or not with the wind shoot again.
Ouabache!
Poke Boater
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting