Woodyfest 2005

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: badbowtie, northzoneguy, nitrousneil

Woodyfest 2005

Postby ActionPoint » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:50 pm

Well just as I suspected It didn't take long to get my limit this morning. Unfortunately it was only a 2 bird wood duck limit. My buddy and I Pushed some geese out getting in and set-up. And everything else we seen after that was woodies. The mallards and teal that were coming in the other day are gone. We watched around a hundred or so come in and we really had to scrounge to pick out some decent ones. We only saw one bird in full plumage and I put the stamp on him, for some reason all of the other drakes were in eclipse and had very poor colors, very hard to tell from the hens. Very surprising to me, I've never seen so many eclipse drakes. Didn't see one single mallard all morning. We're going to change our strategy a bit and put the hammer down on the geese.
ActionPoint
Banned

Postby mmalino » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:23 pm

Wow, i havent seen a drake woody that hasnt looked amazing
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby ActionPoint » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:30 am

Same deal again, but changing to the evening hunt added our limit of geese as well. A couple more drakes with full plumage but still nothing special. Still haven't seen a single mallard.
ActionPoint
Banned

Postby northzoneguy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:09 pm

All woody drakes look fine around the Kankakee FWA. Not very many mallards there either.
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting