Does anyone else feel that the IDNR is corrupt?

Discuss hunting regulations to the Indiana duck hunting.

Moderators: northzoneguy, nitrousneil, badbowtie

Does anyone else feel that the IDNR is corrupt?

Postby Band Bandit » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Ok, I’m accustomed to getting my feelings hurt but this really gets under my skin. This year number four that I have put in for the Missisinawa Reservoir dove drawing and have not been picked. That wouldn’t seem so unusual however I still go to the hunt to see who all is there that morning and to see if there are any no shows. Every year it has been the same guys rubbing elbows with the guy who runs it before the hunt. I’m not taking about one or two groups of guys I’m talking about several. My goal this year is to get the DNR to make these drawings public so there can be no corruption, maybe some other properties are not this bad but this one is. :mad:
Our Cause is Just (OIF II)
Band Bandit
hunter

Re: Does anyone else feel that the IDNR is corrupt?

Postby MerkEm » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 pm

When did u find out that you werent picked?
MerkEm
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

I got good draws 3 years in a row and now 3 blanks in a row.
I was not happy with the duck draws last season when I blank out and you see some guy get 4 out of 5 picks in one year.
I bet they don't show you all the names this season.
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby MerkEm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Yeah i agree with you about people getting 4 out of 5 picks.. But if its done fair its ok with me.. Honestly would u complain if u were on the other end of that and you were picked 4 out of 5 times... I believe it is done fairly so i dont complain, i dont think there really is a way to cheat on one property though since i think all the picks are done downstate and not at each separate property.. So the guy rubbing elbows probably wasnt even at the drawing... Im sure cheating happens but if anything i would have to say it would be worse with the regular duck draw than this one.... Since at the slough they use the smae print out sheets time and time again how easy would it be for them to hand their buddies the badge with the best odds of gettin picked or something like that.. just my 2 cents
MerkEm
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Honestly would u complain if u were on the other end of that and you were picked 4 out of 5 times?

Sure I wood :wink:

i dont think there is a way to cheat on one property since i think the picks are done downstate and not at each separate property.

I belive you are right on that.

i would have to say it would be worse with the regular duck draw.

Some times I wonder about them to.
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 am

I ,think if it's possible to show favoritism, someone will. I don't know the system, so who knows? I do know this though, they are under payed, under staffed and under funded.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby northzoneguy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:09 pm

Ok as far as all the IDNR reserve hunt applications, when they are processed they are sent down state to a data bank. Then a computer lottery system picks at random. Now me being a DNR employee and being friends with alot of park and FWA Managers it sure hasn't helped me. lol Happy Hunting
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Postby Papachessie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey, Northzoneguy, since your with the DNR maybe you can tell me how the season dates are determined. I know we have a set number of days to hunt, but who determines what days those are in each zone? And is there a way my buddies and I who think it's screwed up can voice our opinions and possibly have an effect? That is, other than me complaining all the time on this forum and probably making everyone think I'm a big :crying: Also, I'm interested in your boat. Can you call me with some info? 574-386-3587
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Return to Indiana Duck Hunting