Is Waterhemp a nuisance?

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Is Waterhemp a nuisance?

Postby JoeP » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:24 pm

Hey guys, Question- any of you familiar with a plant called waterhemp?
I spoke to a biologist at DU to find out if there is anything that can be planted in salt marsh that can be beneficial to ducks and she said waterhemp. I have looked it up on the net and everything is waterhemp control, and how to get rid of it. The last thing I would want to do is bring something in that is possibly invasive or a nuisance plant with no benefits at all. Maybe she was thinking of something else?

Thanks God Its Friday, JoeP :salude:
JoeP
State Moderator

Question

Postby keegan511 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 pm

What do you already have out there first of all? If you know this you might be able to make the best choice if you want to plant something else as well, and I believe you are correct in thinking water hemp is not a desired plant in any marsh. I have a couple book titles that might help you make a decision on plant choice if your interested.

email me at keegan511@yahoo.om if you want

Dan
Take a man duck hunting and he will eat for a day; Teach a man how to duck hunt, HIS WIFE WILL HATE YOU.
keegan511
hunter

Postby JoeP » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:55 pm

Dan, Please email me at jparady12@yahoo.com. For some reason my computer wont allow me to email you at your outlook account. I will reply and things should be fine.

Thanks Joe
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby JoeP » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:58 pm

For others, I believe the marsh is basically made up of a plant called chord grass, most people just call it salt marsh hay. I dont think there is a lot that I can do because of the salt but who knows?

JoeP
JoeP
State Moderator

Checking

Postby keegan511 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:27 pm

Joe

Did you get my email from my school account? Just checking

Dan
Take a man duck hunting and he will eat for a day; Teach a man how to duck hunt, HIS WIFE WILL HATE YOU.
keegan511
hunter

Postby JoeP » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:59 am

Hey Dan, yes I got it thanks, sorry I didn't get back to you right away I had to work a few midnight shifts :thumbsdown: .

JoeP
JoeP
State Moderator

Return to Conservation/Biology