does anyone know where i can purchase ducks?

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

does anyone know where i can purchase ducks?

Postby SCDuckHunter2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:13 pm

does anyone know where i can purchase wood ducks, mandarins, canvasbacks, etc. I would like to stock some ducks around my place but i am also looking purchase some for taxidermy purposes. I have had several people come to me about mounting ducks for them. since they don't hunt, the only way to get one is to buy it.
SCDuckHunter2
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:35 pm

i only know where to get mallards, at Agway. Mabey search the internet, i heard of someone buying a pair of wood ducks from some site.
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby SCDuckHunter2 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:31 pm

hey if you happen to remember what site he got the wood ducks from please let me know. i am having trouble finding "exotic ducks" on the internet. i know they are out there but having trouble locating them
SCDuckHunter2
hunter

Postby JoeP » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:05 pm

Hey guys, I know each state has different laws but I think here in mass you need a permit to have or raise waterfowl. I may be lying but I am pretty sure. But anyway check out www.eggbid.com click birds, go to ducks or waterfowl domestice or wild and see what they have. Sometimes they have pics. Let me know how it works out for you.

JoeP :salude:
JoeP
State Moderator

Postby greenster » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Local farm supply store around EASTER. I got 1dz of them 7drakes 5hens and got them banded. and they come back every year. well one got shot though. but the rest come back.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:28 pm

Jeese wish i could help onetime somewhere in new mexico i think we stopped at a little shop and they had ducks and geese.
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby illinoisduckboy15 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 pm

http://bandreturns.com/
try these frost birds they aint kidden a freind of mine shot one in illinois and it was from north carolina and a few years old
these are good for your stocking at your farm
the crew= 17 ducks
illinoisduckboy15
hunter

Postby tealslayerblw » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:30 pm

greenster wrote:Local farm supply store around EASTER. I got 1dz of them 7drakes 5hens and got them banded. and they come back every year. well one got shot though. but the rest come back.

thats awesome!
tealslayerblw
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology