How to stop tullie growth

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

How to stop tullie growth

Postby fishingkid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I have some duck ponds that are being over grown with tullies any suggestions on how to stop these things from taking my ponds over? I have tryed mowing and discing them but since the ponds have been flooded up for waterfowl season they have taken over some of the ponds. I'm looking for a solution without digging them up or burning them out in the off season? Thanks
fishingkid
hunter

Re: How to stop tullie growth

Postby AR Dave » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm

First post.... I don't know what a Tullie is - My war is with Coffee Bean Plants, don't know the real name. Grandstand is wilting them pretty good. I might have Tullies in my swamp..
Last edited by AR Dave on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AR Dave
hunter

Postby cannon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 am

AR Dave wrote:First post.... I don't know what a Tullie is - My war is with Coffee Bean Plants, don't know the real name. 2,4,D is wilting them pretty good. I might have Tullies in my swamp..

A word of caution: 2-4-D is a restricted use herbicide that is NOT legal for use within certain Arkansas counties at certain times of the year. I'm not saying not to apply it, I'm just sayin' not to advertise it, as some folks tend to get their shorts in a wad about that particular herbicide. Grandstand, a less volitile herbicide which does not have the tendency towards herbicide drift that is typical of 2-4-D, is a politically correct alternative. Ergo, when you are tempted to mention the use of 2-4-D on ANY public venue that Arkansans have access to, refer to it as "grandstand". Keeps the goofy tomato farmers happy.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby NV Guide » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm

You can cut them off underwater and drown them or spray them in August with a water approved version of Roundup (Rodeo?) maybe others. Check with local regs on pesticide application.
Dennis

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?
NV Guide
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Conservation/Biology