Forestry

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Forestry

Postby TooTall » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:07 pm

I've heard alot of guys say this is the way to go. For both money and to be in the outdoors. Can someone tell me more about this? I'm currently thinking about waterfowl habitat management, but it dosen't look like there are many jobs or very much money in this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby Michigan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:15 pm

I would contact your DNR, the USFS, USFWS, DU, and Delta Waterfowl. If they don't have jobs, they may at least have some contacts for you.
Michigan
hunter

Postby smokinquacknc » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 am

i am currently in forestry school and i love it, i think that if you are looking for something in the outdoors it would be a great choice. depending on which direction you go after school it can be great money.
smokinquacknc
hunter

Postby Breathewaterfowl » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 am

I'm in NRM and Forestry... whoever told you there was a lot of money in it lied to you. IT is a fun way to go though
it fly's it dies...it swims it dies too
Breathewaterfowl
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:46 pm

I'm majoring in Wildlife management and minor in forestry. I'v looked at the money and I can live with $25,000-$30,000yr for something that I love to do. I've had pleanty of jobs that pay more. but im looking for a good career.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GreenWings&Goldens » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:50 pm

I'm doing foresty, or Wild Manegmet for me too. The Biology Teacher I TA for used to be a park ranger for the forest service and he is going to try and get me a little job over the summer helping rangers for a 2 week pack trip in the alpine lakes area were I live to restore trails.
GreenWings&Goldens
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology