Local birds high pop?

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Local birds high pop?

Postby wanapasaki » Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 am

Have you guys noticed alot of birds staying local this year? I've visisted a couple of my areas and the birds with ducklings and goslings is insane. I have seen more local ducks this year alone post season, than I have in the last few years combined. Maybe I won't have to worry about a migration pushing through this year after all :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: Local birds high pop?

Postby junior00 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:15 pm

I have noticed this here, also! Where I work we have 6 big ponds used for various things and there are ALWAYS birds on them. I have seen more geese than ducks around here, though, but still, the number of mature ducks as well as little guys is definately up from the past few years.
junior00
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 am

Not here in the Central Valley with very little water and the Hot Weather , farmers being very conservative with the
water they have are not providing the spots that , they normally use . The lakes around are at their lowest levels in years
past and by Sept. there will be nothing to release . The Farmers that have big pumps that are reaching down 400' will take
away the access of water for many folks so , There are water wars in the future and as far as WATERFOWL , they lose !
3200 man
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am

Yea its definitely going to be an interesting year in the central valley
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology