A waterfowl biologist question to all.

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Postby Kiskadinna » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:57 pm

The nature of a bulletin board is that topics do in fact come up again and again - even after considerable time has elapsed. Additionally, if someone responds to a response, it is bound to keep going. If you have checked the box to be notified when a reply is posted, you can go in and "edit" the post so you no longer receive notification.
The information that everyone posts CAN be valuable, so we hesitate to remove posts just because they have run their course.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby Tom Phillips* » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:03 pm

skybuster512 wrote:in the past couple of years i have seen alot of birds with this parisite dont rele know y but should i eat them or not. today i shot a black duck with this disease should i eat it or not.

It's interesting to know that you've seen a lot of birds with these parasites (pokeboater, take notice).

Cook your birds and you can eat them. No sweat. If the infection is really bad, you can still eat them, but you might not want to. If you don't believe me, just do an internet search on "rice breast," and explore it yourself.

Tom*
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby jeff_osu » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 pm

Yeah, stomach acids don't do squat to most internal parasites, they're remarkably resilient.

I've seen some in favor of eating these ducks and others opposed (myself included), is there any scientific evidence of human infection?
jeff_osu
hunter

Previous

Return to Conservation/Biology