New pond

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

New pond

Postby bmwcash10 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Looking at buy some land in Kansas. I want to put a pond on the land and I was just wondering if there are any programs or grants for doing this?
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Location: Kansas

Remove Advertisements

Postby greenster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:47 am

"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,custom cut Fallen Oaks, Zink PH, 6n1 whistle
User avatar
Forum & State Moderator
Posts: 4560
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Arkansas Green Timber

Postby Admin2 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:46 pm

I'd suggest contacting the County AG extension office as often they would know of the various programs available. Also the contact the local USFWS office. They often have $ available when restoring a wetland.

The Deputy riding shotgun
User avatar
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby H20fwlkillr » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 am

Call your local NRCS office. They will help with planning and can set you up with any programs you may qualify for.
I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts fetching ducks.
User avatar
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:13 pm
Location: Missouri

Return to Conservation/Biology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest