ducks unlimited and delta waterfowl...

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

ducks unlimited and delta waterfowl...

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:44 am

i keep hearing people mention things they are receiving for new memberships like duck calls, hats, bags, etc. where does everyone get the infomartion about gifts for new members. i would like to join these organizations but don't see where you get anything free for doing it. any help here?
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:48 am

Id like to know as well b/c all i ever get is some more stupid decals :toofunny:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:29 am

I'm not sure about DU, but on Delta's website it outlines what you get for each membership level. Currently to all website membership orders, and phone orders where you mention the deal from the internet to the operator you get a Fowl Mouth call. for 25 bones, you get the call, a subscription to their mag, and that obligatory decal. Check out the website to see.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:46 am

I got the offer from DU in the mail.

SC Just keep putting the stickers on your truck. Get about 15-20 on there at once. It would look cool :toofunny:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:03 pm

SC you need to be a NEW member to recieve premium gifts for both Orgs. Renewing members do not get the gifts as they feel you will renew and will know the benefit of being a continuing member-unlike a new member that may be clueless about the org and what it does.

Hunters should be a member of both and thier state waterfowl org too if there is one. Around $90 a year for the 3 memberships on average. A small price to pay in my opinion.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby surf_ox » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:34 pm

i was a member of du in evansville....one year i increased my membership to bronze at the gun raffle dinner....got nice picture....

only bad part is i received NO info from the chapter until i decided to not renew the next year...no invites to the geese banding i would read about in the paper later.....

i received lots of invites to join again....with rewards.....

i did just re-up and received my duck call....i missed the du mag the most...

hopefully your local chapter will send out invites to functions instead of just collecting dues...
Is a frustrated hunter swinging a canoe paddle after sunset at a fall teal breaking any laws?
surf_ox
hunter

Postby Snaph » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:37 pm

I joined DU about a month ago and I have received nothing so far. I ordered a few hats and got those in no time. I dunno. I did not join to get stuff...but if they want to send it to me I will take it. I just figured I would at least get a membership card or something like that.
Snaph
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology