Adopt-A-Pothole

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Adopt-A-Pothole

Postby Quackcephus » Tue May 10, 2005 7:13 am

Who all would be interested in participatin' in Delta Waterfowls Adopt-A-Pothole program represntin' the Duck Hunting Chat forum.

This program supports Delta Waterfowls "DUCK PRODUCTION" program. & is a partnership between farmers, hunters & agencies that is needed to protect prairie wetlands. The Adopt-A-Pothole program is part of a 3 pronged approach, to include Delta Waterfowl's Hen House program & Delta Waterfowl's Predator Management program.

Since 1999 Delta Waterfowl has secured over 18,000 acres of targeted wetland habitat in Manitoba using perpetual wetland easements in partnershipwith Prairie farmers. Delta Waterfowl has also worked with landowners in the Dakotas through 10 year conservation leases. Donations to the Adopt-A-Pothole program have been matched by agencies such as the Illinois Duck Stamp, North Dakota Natural Resources Trust & by the North American Wetland Conservation Act.

Just thinkin' outloud. :thumbsup:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby Admin3 » Tue May 10, 2005 9:06 am

I know pretty much all of the people that work at Delta in Bismarck and one of the Regional Directors is one of my good friends and hunting partners. This is a good program and I would be interested in coordinating this if people are interested in doing something.

If anyone is interested in starting a Delta Chapter it is really a good time. I just started last year and have been involved with two events for two different chapters and both have been a great time and I put up duck houses one day this spring with some cub scouts.

Delta tells you the exact location of the pothole that has been adopted and who the landowner is as well.
For a good time.....go hunting and eat kuchen.
Admin3
Site Admin

Postby JJ McGuire » Tue May 10, 2005 12:12 pm

I can always find a few dollars to spare for waterfowl :thumbsup:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:46 pm

Same here I think we should do it and have a sticky on it in the Conservation forum. :yes:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 3:45 pm

:withstupid: Anything to have more ducks to hunt.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Tue May 10, 2005 4:57 pm

Glad to see a few of ya'll responded... I'm in. :getdown:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed May 11, 2005 1:47 pm

I've been on the Mpls Delta Dinner comm for the last 4 events. It is the original (1st) dinner of Delta. A good Org for sure.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Conservation/Biology