Writing a paper need sources.

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Writing a paper need sources.

Postby paduckkiller » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi, I'm writing a paper on waterfowl populations and the positive effect hunting has on their ecosystem. It is a persuasive essay and I wanted to know if there are any good sources on this subject, especially the effect hunting has on waterfowl populations and their environment.
I have used DU's website and Delta's. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciatated.
paduckkiller
hunter

Postby Dogman » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:59 am

Try your state fish and game dept or the US fish and wildlife service.
Did you contact anyone at DU or Delta?I'm sure they could put you in touch with someone with information you could use.
Good luck. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

thanks

Postby paduckkiller » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Thanks, I checked with DU and Delta and got a lot of info. I also pulled info from of the federal waterfowl population reports. The paper is almost done. Thanks for the help.
paduckkiller
hunter

Interview

Postby Lundy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 pm

I wrote a paper on importants of wetlands and I did a couple interviews over the phone. You usually can talk to some important people if you tell them your writing a paper.
Take care of your feet!
Lundy
hunter

Postby DUCKMAN88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:08 pm

If you are in college look in your school's journal databases. Some good ones are JSTOR and BIOSYS search some of the key words in your topic. I am a wildlife bio major at Clemson University and I use these all the time. Another good source is Cornell Lab of ornithology @ http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ . These should help you out
DUCKMAN88
Newb

thanks

Postby paduckkiller » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks for the sources, the paper was finished and turned in, but now my professor wants us to revise the first draft and add more sources. One has to be a published book and two more to be added have to be internet sources. I also received a new assignment that consists of refuting the first argument that I had posed, so these sources will come in very handy for both assignments. Thank you, I appreciate the info.
paduckkiller
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology