Would need help on waterfowl diet

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

Would need help on waterfowl diet

Postby frank_lap_127 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Hello everybody,
First of all I didn't saw a place to present myself, so I'll do it here! I'm Frank, from Province of Quebec, Canada.

I'm a hunter when I have time, hunting mainly Ruffed Grouses, Hares, deer but I still prefer duck and geese. Here we don't have access to many species like I sometimes see on YouTube videos however I do have fun with the species here!

I'm also an aviculturist, I'm keeping mostly Quail species (both North American and Old World's species) and for the moment I have Mandarin Ducks and European Wigeons.

When I'll have more place, I'm planning to get the right permits to keep captive-native species and I would need your help. The problem here is that the quality of the food is bad for many "more sensible" duck species and I would need your help to have a better idea of the food ducks are eating, as I can't hunt every species I would like to get information in.

So here's the main point. Everyone who want to help me in that project will be welcome, just contact my with an e-mail so I'll be able to give you more informations.

I've heard that the duck season in the USA is really longer than here but anyway, I'd like the duck hunters interested in the project to, once they have killed ducks and bringed them back at home (or camp), take pictures of the non-digested food in the digestive system, wich means the food present in the esophagus, crop and gizzard. This could give me a better idea than the birding sites information and also, a more complete view of the situation.

Please note that all the informations provided to me won't serve in a buisness way, I don't plan on selling this project or doing even half a penny with it, it's only for my avicultural skills and I might share the knowledge I'll get with some other aviculturists. If you want more information, please send me an e-mail to the following adress :

frank_lap_127@hotmail.com

I'll be interested in the results with every species.
I'll be glad to answer all your questions and I'm building a new website and there's gonna be a page titled "Special Thanks" and everybody who accept me to put there name on the website will get credits.

Thanks in advance!!!

Frank
frank_lap_127
hunter

Postby frank_lap_127 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Still no replies...

Is it because the project seems complicated? Boring?

If anyone is interested, I've created a page to fill for people getting interested. If you want an exemple feel free to contact me!

Frank
frank_lap_127
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology