Finished the first batch of flocked heads

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Finished the first batch of flocked heads

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:24 pm

Did the first dozen today. They look better than I could have ever hoped. The heads barely had any white on them for cheek patches, so we used some flat white rustoleum to paint our own cheek patches. We used flat black rustoleum laid on real thick to attach the flocking. I will try to post some pics when I get back from college on thursday.

Oct. 1 is the first day of fall turkey season in Kansas. I got my eye on 12 gobblers. I know where they feed, the opening the cross to get there and what time they will show up. A couple of them are freakin monsters. So if you don't here from me on Friday you will know why.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

ks - question about those flocked heads

Postby macdaddy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:15 am

Ks: before you put on the Rustoleum, did you rough up the surfaces? I'd like to do this w/ my decoys. It would look good on them.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Yep

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:43 am

Yep I roughed them up with sandpaper then cleaned them off real good.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DuckWarrior » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:49 pm

Where do you guys get the flocking material?

DuckWarrior
DuckWarrior
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:42 pm

I got it off of Ebay. I think it was about $30 bucks for 2 bags that they say should do 6-8 dozen heads. Not a bad price. We did about 6 dozen heads and there is still a full bag left. Ours has held up pretty good so far. The Bigfoots still look brand new(we put a sock on the head after every hunt) and most of our shell heads still look good(we put them in a duffle bag). If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum