Anyone know any good spots for geese in mid-west missouri?

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Anyone know any good spots for geese in mid-west missouri?

Postby JPgreenhead » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:43 pm

i have been seeing geese for about 4 weeks now but come winter time when there are geese every where you look i dont know where to set up or where they will be.PLEASE GiVE ME SOME SUGESTIONS
JPgreenhead
hunter

Scout

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:04 pm

Scout them hard. Not just 10 minutes ib the truck, I mean get out and drive and look for the little devils. It is easy for me to put 100 miles on my truck in the afternoon looking for geese. Scouting is the number 1 key to success. If you are already where they want to be the rest is easy.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby JPgreenhead » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:34 pm

i have herd that if u find a flock of geese in a feild at night they will most likely be bach there in the morning. is this true?
JPgreenhead
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:20 pm

I hunt the missouri river for geese on the river and on field next to it. I have found that in the mornings they will be in the fields and will be in the same field for about the entire season. Then in the afternoon they will fly and sit on the river. Then 3 or 4 they fly to the field again for a really short time and then come back to the river at around 5.
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum