laydown blinds

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

laydown blinds

Postby Quackkills9 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:34 pm

i was wondering what laydown blinds you like better? Final Approach or Avery? I am going with Avery but the gooseview brands look good. just asking you guys what you prefer and your experiences. good huntin'
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby Goosehunter04 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:03 am

Final Approach all the way!!!!
I have an Eliminator Top-Gun
and an Eliminator Pro-Guide
Both are great blinds
spend the $60 more and go with FA it is worth it! :thumbsup:
Goosehunter04
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:50 am

the finisher is the way to go final approach is to much money.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:22 am

I am with you quackerkiller, :withstupid: I would get a finisher. I have one and love it. It folds up so you can carry it, and it isn't too expensive.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:38 am

exactly they are the best.......
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Goosehunter04 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Finishers have NO ROOM!!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
and $60 more is not very much at all for a far superior blind.
Have you guys ever hunted out of a Final Approach Eliminator Pro-Guide??
I have hunting out of both. FA all the way!!!!!!
Goosehunter04
hunter

FA all the way!!!!!!!!

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:53 pm

I agree with Goosehunter04 :withstupid: When it comes to lay down blinds you get what you pay for. The Final Approach Eliminator blinds are some of the best on the market, and they blow the Avery finisher out of the field. The Eliminator has a full-length frame, where as the finisher frame only goes to your knees. If you’re a small guy the full-length frame may not matter to you, but I am 6’6” and that full-length frame and longer opening in the blind is extremely nice. The finisher’s frame has a hinge in the middle of it, and is makes the whole blind unstable, where as the Eliminator frame is rock solid. The doors on the finisher are not spring loaded, and the shell bags location is not adjustable and is hard to get to if you are a bigger person. Even the flagging holes in the finisher suck they open up with a weak zipper that is almost impossible to open when the blind is stuffed with stubble. The gun rest on the finisher is not padded, and there is a sharp corner by the gun rest that scratches the $hit out of your barrel. The finisher has no room either. When I am hunting I have a small cooler, a shell box, and a couple of light coats in my Eliminator. I cant fit any of them in the finisher. The Eliminator is only $60 more than the finisher, and if you buy it from Cabelas before the end of the month you get a $75 cash card.

FA all the way!!!!!!!!!
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:49 am

I have to agree that the Final Approach blinds are definitely worth the money. I have a FA X-Lander( I wish I had bought an Eliminator or Top-Gun) and I talked my hunting buddy into buying a Finisher this year. It is terrible!! I keep all of our hunting gear at my house, and I went to put his blind in the storage shed this weekend and I couldn't believe how cheap this blind is. Both of us are big guys and I thought that the Finisher would be a better blind for him that the X-Lander. I was wrong!! I would take the X-Lander or the Finisher anyday. I got in the Finisher to see how it felt and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was. I have had 3 back surgeries, so a comfortable blind is a must for me. I wouldn't last an hour in a Finisher. Spend the extra money and get a FA blind.....you won't be disappointed. FINISHER :thumbsdown:

Postby Drew Willemsen » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:38 am

I have to really try to not fall asleep while hunting a slow day in my FINISHER, it is really comfortable and I have plenty of room...my .02
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:04 pm

For the lowest profile I'd go with an avery power hunter. I got 2 this summer and love them so far.... Cheaper too.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Blinds

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:53 pm

The power hunter may have a low profile, but it is hard to get in and out of, there is no room for anything, and you gun has to sit outside. I don’t know about you but when it is raining I don’t want my gin sitting out in that. Get a Final Approach!
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Postby Ripperger » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:39 am

Convinence over comfort, I take the avery I have had both and FA Top Gun is a huge pain to transport and store for the average hunter that doesn't have a trailer
Ripperger
Newb

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:01 pm

Save your money and don't get a poewr hunter. Should've got a sleeping bag instead. Same thing only the sleeping bag would be warmer. I have a power hunter and speak from experience. Wish I would've waited, cause I could've got 2 brand new finishers for $300.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Blinds

Postby HARDCORE WATERFOWLER » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Avery Migrator all the way lots of room and comfotable to boot.

HARDCORE WATERFOWLER
HARDCORE WATERFOWLER
hunter

Postby prison city migrator » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:16 pm

I am currently hunting out of a finisher. I am 6'6 and 330 lbs. I have trouble with shooting out of the finisher :pissed: because of shoulder width(power lifter). I tried my buddies eliminator, way more comfortable to shoot from. If you are a smaller guy, finisher is not a bad blind, especially for the ALOT less room it takes up(collapsible and foldable). The shell bag IS movable(velcro). But if space is not a concern and you need more room, eliminator is great. Cabela's interceptor is also very comfortable, cheap, but takes up a lot of space as well, unless you break it down which is time consuming. It also has a thinner shell, so I don't know how well it will hold up over time and it is colder to hunt from than eliminator. Migrator blind is spacious but stands up 19 " above ground. :eek:, that's why I stayed away from it. My new blind: FA pro guide, being delivered now. Gas em! :yes:
prison city migrator
Newb

Postby C_DUbb » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:58 pm

I bought the GooseView X-Terminator blind this summer. I like it....... But I am a large man. Not good. The blind is only 26" wide. When I was working some birds the doors flew open. It is either loose some inches ( dont have that much to loose) or buy a wider blind. I found out today I could have bought one for the same price but 10" wider.

Think I am gonna send it back and get the FA Eliminator Pro in field brown. I figure I cover the darn thing up with Nat Veg anyhow so who needs camo. I may even use some of my Guillie material to break it up.

While I am thinking about it..... Dont buy Quack Grass or some of the other stuff. Save yourself some money and go buy "Raffia" from your local craft store. Dont get me wrong, its a good product but you can save yourself some dough.

C Dubb
Callem in your face close!!
And
Do em
UGLY!!!
C_DUbb
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:55 am

you just want to play with the big boy's now dont ya c-dubb that goose view is ok but the pro guide is a cadilac :thumbsup:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:02 am

the guy that i guide for just bought some new layouts. we got rid of the avery's. the ones he bought have no metal frame in them. they are real nice and fold up to the size of the foam wedged that your back is one. i wish i knew the name of them for you.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby Kurt » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:09 pm

FA all the way I got the sport utility blind and love it. Enough room for gear and my dog lays in it beside me.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby WNGSHTR » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:33 pm

XLANDER....its the do everthing blind. I love watching my buddies carry their Eliminators through timber when we are hunting the river.
WNGSHTR
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:06 pm

FA best blinds out IMO
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum