Bagging full bodies

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Bagging full bodies

Postby Huntfish12 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:17 pm

I was wondering if bagging full bodies (dakotas and bigfoot's) opposed to just throwing them in there would take up less or more space when put into a small trailer and bed of a pick up?
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Re: Bagging full bodies

Postby garret schukis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:18 pm

bag them
2011-2012
114 ducks
68 geese
3 bands
1 collar
garret schukis
hunter

Postby SQUAWKnemi » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 am

i think its alot easier and better for the deeks bagging them.. but i can fit way more into small areas without the bags. Theres alot of dead space in the bags. When we walk into duck spots and take fb geese we use the goose fb 6 slot bags and can fit prob another dozen or so duck floaters in there with 6 fb geese. also I have a tiny ford contour and when i get out alone i can get 2 dozen mallard floaters, my blind, gun case, blind bag, waders, 2 dozen ghg greater fbs, and still have room for my kills :smile: but thats only if i take the fbs out of their bags and organize them as they go in... Dont get me wrong tho I prefer and think its ten times better to have them in the bags it saves time at the x and is much better on your decoys. so if you can fit them in the truck or trailer with the bags keep doing it. Remember tho organization is key
Some QUack And We Kill
SQUAWKnemi
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am

I can fit way more decoys in my truck if i just stack them in there. If your running big foots with flocked heads just put socks on em and put em in the truck. For running them out to the field if you cant drive out the bags are certainly nice to have. I run the rogers 6 slots and take the feet off mine. Works great.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:53 am

i got mainly dakotas and bigfoots. i cant help but look into the bed of the truck and into my small trailer and see how much space is left inbetween them. i dont take the basses off either. might give that a try, but just takes up more time in the morning, putting them back on. ive been lookin at some of the bags rogers sells that are for the larger decoys. Probably end up buying a few, like said above, its better for the deek in the long run.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby mbhardrockr298 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I use a pole used for paint rollers to be attached. I have 2. with a partner each grab one end of the two poles and carry 16 full bodies(BIG FOOT) at once and still carry layout or something on our backs. Just slide pole throught the feet. Also carry a paint roller attachment. Sometimes the extra 10 feet or so can allow me to reach the dead birds in my waders while my lab lays in bed at home..... Have some good photos of when I cannot reach the birds and have to use the 2 man bicycle style paddle boat to get them that the women who allows me to hunt has at her pond... also had many of birds fly over while I'm in that damn boat.
mbhardrockr298
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Throwing fullbodies in a blind bag will save room, but for the price of full bodies, is it worth the chipped paint? I fit 12 full body lessers in a 6 slot Redhead bag. I carry the bases in a duffle bag with my shells and throw the whole pile on top of a deer cart along with my blind bag and layout blind. A couple of the fields I hunt, I do not have permission to drive onto, so the deer cart is a blessing from my wife for Christmas!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum