Good Layout to fit 1 person and dog.

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Good Layout to fit 1 person and dog.

Postby weukolar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

I run Avery Finishers and my dog fit great at 1 year but now forget about it. Is there a blind that has enough room to fit right at the groin area? I know fellas put their dogs at the end of blinds with their heads out but with the muzzle blasts forget about that. I saw a guy who had a rogers goosebuster, but wasnt for sure. I don't need to take apart so that isn't an issue, just the most quality, comfortable, see out of decent, and is wide enough for dog in between legs. thanks
weukolar
hunter

Re: Good Layout to fit 1 person and dog.

Postby Nick Roehl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

Just get a dog blind. I have a ground force dog blind that works very well. If not willing to do that a Hitman blind is pretty big and should fit you both.
Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signature.

https://www.facebook.com/FlywayMedia
Please Like It! :-)
Nick Roehl
hunter

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 am

Nick Roehl wrote:Just get a dog blind. I have a ground force dog blind that works very well. If not willing to do that a Hitman blind is pretty big and should fit you both.

x2

its a pain in the @$$ putting a dog in the blind with you. Not to mention a safety issue in my opinion. If a dog breaks hold and hit you while you are fireing rounds its hard telling what would happen. I use an dog blind. I have an avery blind I think its called the finisher dog blind. Its easy to set up n carry and you dont have to worry about having enough room in your own blind.
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:10 am

+++ on the dog blind. It just gets to be too much of a mess to have them in the layout. I'm waiting for someone to come out with a layout blind that incorporates a dog blind or even a canopy on the headrest end for those that like to have their dogs close.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby weukolar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm

We hunt 1/2" tall wheat with Zero stubble and cannot dig down so sometimes the extra blind out there is not an option. I understand the safety issue but a dog could easily hit a blind go wild and run into a hunter shooting etc so a dog is a risk that is why we train them to be steady or they stay at home and stay house ornaments.
Im looking for blind options so if someody has one that would fit a 6'1" 195 and a 80lb lab let me know what you think. I heard goosebuster xl might be good.
weukolar
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum