Competitiveness

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Competitiveness

Postby duckaholic34 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Guys,
I got a problem I hunt in a gun club in easton and there are thousands of geese. The problem is the field next to us who runs a guide service is hogging all the birds. we kill some here and there but we have tried everything in the book! They dont flare they just fly past our spread right into theres. It sucks watching birds die when your not the one pulling the trigger. On top of that those basterds think they are hot crap! I need some tips to keep the birds out of there field and in OURS.
Ducksrain
duckaholic34
Newb

Re: Competitiveness

Postby garret schukis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:05 pm

we had that issue till we found out that they where baiting the feild might look into that
2011-2012
114 ducks
68 geese
3 bands
1 collar
garret schukis
hunter

Postby Nick Roehl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 pm

You need major decoy numbers to make the birds think your field is the place to be.
Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signature.

https://www.facebook.com/FlywayMedia
Please Like It! :-)
Nick Roehl
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Well, a lack of success usually starts with your own set up. So, heavily scrutinize yourself first and move forward from there. Plus, theyre guides, they do it everyday. They are supposed to be good at it. They likely have the know how and gear to make it happen.....We have so few details to go on though, so its hard to deduct anything from it outside theyre getting geese and your not. But if your running 4 dozen decoys and theyre running 20 dozen, guess where the birds are probably gonna go?...their field.

Make sure your hid well, your decoys arent shining, call in a realistic manner, use flagging. Does your field have appeal compared to the field the guides are in?
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby duckaholic34 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:08 pm

We have tried the number game game for every 10 birds they have we put 20 it doesnt work. We decided to just put red balloons all over there field :yes:
Ducksrain
duckaholic34
Newb

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum