Best layout blind PRE concealment

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Best layout blind PRE concealment

Postby remingtonman1108 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 am

I have been using different mixes of Killer Weed (Golden Harvest and Smartweed) from Avery for the past 2 seasons and it has worked great for the fields I have been hunting. I also mixed in a bit of burlap strips on the blind to keep the realism at the max. I think it is best to have your layout pre-concealed and adding some natural concealment (beans,corn stalks, grass, brush ect.) once you arrive at the field you are hunting rather than taking tons of time to set up your blind with ALL natural concealment.

My question is, what is everyone's favorite way to pre-conceal their blinds. Do you use the same method as me or do you have your own? What product do you use either store bought or natural? When the corn fields you hunt get plowed under and you are left with stubble, how do you conceal you blind. (I use mud, natural stubble and burlap)

It will be interesting to hear everyone's methods!

Bob :biggrin:
Quack Quack
remingtonman1108
hunter

Re: Best layout blind PRE concealment

Postby A-Bomb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 pm

I just use all natural cover. So im not much help. Just seems that depending on what brand or strain of seed is planted the color can vary depending on the field. Sometimes not, but i think its all in the hybrid thats planted. Therefore i like to use whats in the field im hunting to disappear instead of possibly standing out with an off colored stubble from another field or a synthetic material....But for grassy situations i like to use raffia. Good luck to you.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: Best layout blind PRE concealment

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm

A-Bomb wrote:I just use all natural cover. So im not much help. Just seems that depending on what brand or strain of seed is planted the color can vary depending on the field. Sometimes not, but i think its all in the hybrid thats planted. Therefore i like to use whats in the field im hunting to disappear instead of possibly standing out with an off colored stubble from another field or a synthetic material....But for grassy situations i like to use raffia. Good luck to you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Right on! Natural cover is always better. If I hunt one field one day and the field I am going to hunt the next day is the same. I still strip the cover from the first field off and restubble in the new field. Field vary greatly in color so its best to use the cover from where you are hunting.
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum