Goose hunting spots in central Nebraska?

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Goose hunting spots in central Nebraska?

Postby mwpennington » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Does anyone know of any good spots on public land for geese in central NE? I do pretty darn good hunting duck at the Odeesa public land by the platte and the public land by the Elm Creek exit I think it's called the Bluehole or something like. I have been hunting these spots for two years now and have only seen high flyers off in the distance never a chance at shot. Like said I'm cleaning house on ducks but no luck on the geese. I was thinking I'd give the Wilcox in Funk a tried but I've never heard how well it does for geese. Any tips on some spots would be awesome. I should probably add too that I've only been waterfowl hunting for 3 years now and never shot a goose so I'm really dying to get one. Thanks!
mwpennington
hunter

Re: Goose hunting spots in central Nebraska?

Postby A-Bomb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:29 pm

I dont hunt your state at all, but i do know that most people arent gonna say the geese are thick here, come hunt it and create more competition. Best bet is to go put some rubber on the road and find em. Not trying to be harsh, just sayin'. Good luck to you in your venture. Might better hit your forum for more help. Good luck.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: Goose hunting spots in central Nebraska?

Postby mwpennington » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Ha! Very true most people aren't going to give away info on a honey hole but I was hoping someone might be in the giving mood. You never know. I do wish I had time to hit the road and go scouting but with a 2 yr old I barely get enough time to even hunt let alone scout. I figure next year I can take him to go scouting. Thanks for the advice though.
mwpennington
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum