To shoot or not to shoot???!!!!

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

To shoot or not to shoot???!!!!

Postby Winterwaterfowler » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Today I watched a group hunt a field that I have shot for years. As the birds began to come a couple of flocks got together so there were approximately 300 to 400 birds working. I watched in disbelief as 3 hunters shot at 300 to 400 birds to take 4. I've always let that many land and chase them so as not to educate that many birds at once.(they will come back to that field) I understand to each his own, but really am I out of line in my thinking? I've always tried to shoot small flocks 20's /30's and fewer and we have always had plenty of opps. This and sky busting are killing our sport in SEPA. We've got to be better in our approach. Just wonder what anyone else thinks. Please chime in objectively.
Winterwaterfowler
hunter

Re: To shoot or not to shoot???!!!!

Postby dduckman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 pm

we usually do not shoot into those large groups either, but if they actually all killed there 2 a piece in one volley then i guess i cant argue with that, you dont usuall see guys kill out in one volley and even though they dont shoot into one big group they usually shoot into several groups anyways.
dduckman
hunter

Re: To shoot or not to shoot???!!!!

Postby Grossy23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 am

Sky busting is way worse . If they got their limit out of that big bunch , no sweat . If they didn't , then they'll shoot into another big bunch . I understand both sides of the debate . I do agree that sky busting is ruining the sport .
Grossy23
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum