Wanna combine your goose spread...

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Wanna combine your goose spread...

Postby halfscoop » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:47 am

...with mine? I hunt public land and private but I'm talking public land. I have noticed quite a few bay area hunters on here. I'm not interested in going too far to hunt because of fuel prices so I hunt SF bay in my boat. Besides I'm 30 minutes driving time from my place to Alviso ramp and not much more time to the other ramps.

I would be interested in a very large spread so having a couple day partners with a spread of their own just might be the ticket.

Interested?
halfscoop
hunter

Re: Wanna combine your goose spread...

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:53 pm

:beer: Halfscoop, I dont know how much you have hunted Alviso but big spread aint the ticket for Honks unless your setting up on a soccer field. Very seldomly will you ever see more than six geese together on shore or in the water. I like to find out where they are refuged and pick them off a as they lift off. Suprise them by using the low tides and the levees as cover, when they fly call like hell.My best day out their was 8 honks in a morning, if you get a few that is great morning. Most of the birds are park critters until about the third week of December. Try using some full bodies/ shells up in the pickle weed.

Good luck,

Bryan
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Re: Wanna combine your goose spread...

Postby joemc » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:13 pm

where do you hunt? i hunt around southern maryland and im alwys lookin for people to hunt with. :hi:
TEAM FOWL ADDICTION
2013/14 season
deer-3
woodies-1
ruddys-14
canvasback-2
Canada geese-16
turkey-2 big toms
joemc
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum